GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
- This position is responsible for the daily execution of sanitation SSOP on assigned areas in a safely Under the general direction of Sanitation leadership, the Sanitation Sanitor Tech will work in an environment performing sanitation functions. Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Foreman, incumbent will perform continuous sanitation of both equipment and surrounding areas of processing area, warehouse, interior office and building exterior and common areas.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Perform all task assigned based on DOLE sanitation program.
- Disassemble, clean/sanitize, and reassemble equipment
- Clean and sanitize equipment with the correct chemicals/cleaning agents and scrubbing materials
- Properly and safely mix chemicals per label instructions
- General janitorial duties and grounds maintenance
- Properly and accurately complete daily logs/reports
- Maintain equipment and grounds in compliance with GMP and HACCP programs
- Follow ALL SQF and food safety guidelines
- Abide by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Work Rules, Safety Rules, and Attendance Rules
- Identify and report areas/equipment that are in non-compliance
- Work around moving equipment and cleaning chemicals within the plant,
- Ensure plant interior is maintained clean and presentable.
- Read and understand MSDS sheets
- Follow verbal and written directions
- Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMP’s as applicable to this position.
- Complete all other tasks or assignments as directed by supervisor/manager.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in a food processing facility is desired, but not required. Willing to train.
- SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively and make recommendations to immediate Supervisor, Detail oriented and safety conscious, Must be able to use ladders and other required tools needed to perform the job (i.e. brooms, water, air hoses, etc), work with chemicals per DOLE procedures.
- ADDITIONAL: Hands-on ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented food processing environment. Required to work independently and with limited supervision. Must be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/ procedures
- Functional Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills Influence
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
INTERNAL: Supervisor, Foreman, Quality Assurance Tech, Production Staff, Warehouse Staff
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
HS Diploma or GED preferred but not required
Work is performed in a cold environment with an average temperature of 34 degrees F. Concentrated chlorine and concealed ammonia is present. Work surfaces and floors may be wet. Employees are required to wear approved shoes and protective equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted up to 1/3 of the workday, and 6 lbs. overhead as job demands. Constant standing on a concrete floor, reaching, bending, stooping, and repetitive hand movements may be required. Climbing ladders and walking up and down stairs. Moving machinery, including conveyor and forklifts are in operation in the immediate area. Work performed requires working with lots of water which may get splashed onto body.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
Ability to work graveyard shift hours, overtime and Sundays but some Saturdays may be required.
This position is located at 32655 Camphora Gloria Rd, Soledad, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.