Chaplain - Part Time/Temporary
Activities/ Life Enrichment
About Deaconess Abundant Life Communities at Newbury Court:
We are a distinctive retirement community, offering Assisted Living, Residential and Long Term Care services to our residents. We are recognized for and take pride in providing exceptional care, compassion and quality of life both to our residents and our employees. Working at Newbury Court is a chance to make a difference in the life of our residents and support the best quality of life for them.
We are actively taking every measure to protect our Residents and Employees during the COVID-19 situation including: distribution of PPE, temperature screenings upon arrival to work, sanitizing stations and periodic COVID testing required onsite provided by our dedicated infection control team
This person will be a temporary employee of the spiritual life department and will assist the director/chaplain in providing spiritual support across the campus while one of the current staff chaplains is on a leave of absence.
In collaboration with the director, and taking into account competencies and experience, this person would provide additional spiritual support across the community’s programs (Newbury Court, Gardens, and Rivercrest), in the form of one-on-one visits (directed and self-initiated), small groups, and other specialized groups as needed. This person would also be assigned “on-call coverage” for spiritual life emergencies on campus for the days they are scheduled to work (on-call hours are 8am – 6pm). On-call is defined as answering the phone, assessing the situation and need for support, and coming to campus during those hours, if deemed necessary. Other administrative or support tasks may be assigned as needed.
This person’s schedule would be staggered with the director/chaplain’s schedule so that spiritual support is available on campus throughout the seven-day week. As such, this person’s schedule will likely include working either or both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the hired period.
- Master of Divinity, or the equivalent (degree earned or, if currently a student, in or entering final year of program)
- At least two years of spiritual or pastoral care experience (any combination of CPE unit or other chaplaincy training, parish pastoral care, other professional experiences of providing spiritual/emotional support)
- Seeking candidates with excellent communication skills, collaborative spirits, creativity, flexibility, and ability to initiate work
- Candidates must have their own vehicle (parking is free and included here on campus)
- Preference for candidates who are already COVID-19 vaccinated or are willing to be vaccinated through our organization.
Submit resume on-line
This position is located at 100 Newbury Court, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.