Activities Director - Full Time - Skilled Nursing
Activities/ Life Enrichment
About Deaconess Abundant Life Communities at Newbury Court:
We are a distinctive retirement community, offering Assisted Living, Residential and Long Term Care services to our residents. We are recognized for and take pride in providing exceptional care, compassion and quality of life both to our residents and our employees. Working at Newbury Court is a chance to make a difference in the life of our residents and support the best quality of life for them.
We are actively taking every measure to protect our Residents and Employees during the COVID-19 situation including: distribution of PPE, temperature screenings upon arrival to work, sanitizing stations and periodic COVID testing required onsite provided by our dedicated infection control team
Rivercrest Wellness & Rehab is Newbury Court's skilled nursing unit for long-term, short-term and rehab care services. Our 42-bed community provides a high level of care and a home-like environment to our residents. Newbury Court has a long tradition of providing care, compassion, and an exceptional quality of life for residents and employees.
CMS 5 star rated SNF!
Best PPE available!
5 star staff to patient ratio. We are committed to high work life quality for our front line workers with extremely low staff to patient ratio!
**Ranked BEST Nursing Home by US News: https://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes/area/ma/rivercrest-long-term-care-225080 **
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated individual to Direct and Lead the department! This position is responsible for leading group and individual activities, which are designed to promote the physical, social, and mental health of the residents. This person would be leading a team of three others right now
**National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP) Certification Required**
- Previous long term care experience (nursing home or assisted living)
- Patience, empathy and understanding
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- A flexible schedule with ability to work some evenings and/or weekends as needed
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance, starting Day 1
- Weekly pay!
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Free use of campus fitness center and indoor pool!
- Flexible paid time off plan for sick, vacation, and personal time
- Free garage parking
- Free Snacks on Tuesdays and Free Lunches on Fridays!
- College Tuition Benefit reimbursement and scholarship programs
- Free English Language tutoring
- Employer sponsored Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance with additional voluntary coverage
- Discounts at Verizon Wireless and more!
Submit resume on-line
This position is located at 100 Newbury Court, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.