Concierge - Per Diem - Newbury Court
About Deaconess Abundant Life Communities at Newbury Court:
We are a distinctive retirement community, offering Assisted Living, Residential and Long Term Care services to our residents. We are recognized for and take pride in providing exceptional care, compassion and quality of life both to our residents and our employees. Working at Newbury Court is a chance to make a difference in the life of our residents and support the best quality of life for them.
We have processes in place to take good care of you, your family and our residents. You will have minimal contact with residents and safe distance from co-workers.
We are actively taking every measure to protect our Residents and Employees during the COVID-19 situation including: distribution of PPE, temperature screenings upon arrival to work, sanitizing stations and periodic COVID testing required onsite provided by our dedicated infection control team
The Concierge acts as an ambassador, whose excellent customer service is the top priority. Newbury
Court is a 24X7 operation divided in 3 shifts, which makes the Concierge Desk the communication center
of the campus. The Concierge is the facilitator between residents and staff, resident and visitors,
resident and callers, and emergency personnel both inside and outside the company. The Concierge
works in a fast-paced environment, characterized by frequent interruption by phone and visitors and
intermittent work on the computer.
Shifts: Varied, as needed
Qualifications and License Requirements-
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 3-5 years in office, reception or customer service position that required clear communication
with residents/office staff, and personal interface with visitors, vendors, and contractors.
• Must have computer skills to access the company’s Portal, accomplish tasks such as work orders
and away forms, communicate effectively with residents and co-workers, and assist residents as
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff in English both written
• Greet guests as they enter the building and have them sign the guest book. Direct guests to
residents or staff as appropriate. Accept and dispense packages and other deliveries to residents
• Answer all incoming phone calls and direct them to residents or staff as appropriate. Take
messages and follow-up as needed.
• Take reservations for the guest suites, completing the appropriate paperwork. Check-in guests
upon arrival, making sure the suite is ready for them. Process check-out, making sure the keys
are returned and payment is made or on file.
• Contact residents for delivery of medication. Keep records in the appropriate book if you have
to accept the medication on behalf of residents and have they sign the book when they pick up.
• Act as a Liaison between the residents and the Maintenance, Housekeeping and IT Departments.
Enter work orders for services to be performed and follow-up as necessary. Be able to use own
judgement to request immediate action by such departments in case of emergency.
• Keep Concierge desk area and copy room in order, clean, and decluttered.
• Provide Administrative support to residents and staff by photocopying, faxing and providing postage. Provide administrative support to staff by producing a variety of forms.
• Call for copy machine service when needed.
• Monitor Daily “Ok Check” by making sure the flipper check is done (South) and checking the motion sensor report (North and South quad numbers).
• Respect each resident’s rights and confidentiality and comply with HIPPA regulations.
• Conduct business relationships with residents, contractors, vendors, and the public in an ethical manner.
• Report concerns about residents safety or observed behaviors to your supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
• In emergencies:
o Call 911 when appropriate, providing building address, and location of the emergency within the building.
o Call staff related to the type of the emergency (Maintenance if fire/smoke, and Nursing if medical emergency)
o If Medical emergency, prepare a copy of the Resident Medical Alert Sheet to be handed to emergency responders.
o Direct Emergency responders when they arrive.
o Call Maintenance personnel in case of elevator emergency.
• Follow Instructions, procedures and practices that will ensure your own personal safety and the safety of others, including the safe operation of equipment and tools.
• Always conduct yourself in a manner that contributes to a safe and healthful environment for both residents and employees.
• Report unsafe conditions to your supervisor, maintenance or other appropriate personnel.
• Other duties and special projects as needed.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Weekly pay!
- Free use of campus fitness center and indoor pool!
- Free garage parking
- Free Snacks on Tuesdays and Free Lunches on Fridays!
- College Tuition Benefit reimbursement and scholarship programs
- Free English Language tutoring
- Discounts at Verizon Wireless and more!
Submit resume on-line:
This position is located at 100 Newbury Court, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.