Dining Room Lead/Dietary - Full Time - Memory Support
About Deaconess Abundant Life Communities at Newbury Court:
We are a distinctive retirement community, offering Assisted Living, Residential and Long Term Care services to our residents. We are recognized for and take pride in providing exceptional care, compassion and quality of life both to our residents and our employees. Working at Newbury Court is a chance to make a difference in the life of our residents and support the best quality of life for them.
We are actively taking every measure to protect our Residents and Employees during the COVID-19 situation including: distribution of PPE, temperature screenings upon arrival to work, sanitizing stations and periodic COVID testing required onsite provided by our dedicated infection control team
We are seeking a Dining Room Lead to join us at The Gardens, our memory care community, alongside our Dining Services Team!
The Dining Room Lead for The Gardens at Newbury Court is responsible for assuring a dining experience that supports resident’s individual needs while providing a warm, cheerful sense of acceptance and social belonging.
While working on the unit at The Gardens:
- Work closely with Dining Services Manager to plan and execute meal service at The Gardens
- Maintain proper dining room set up
- Serve meals with established portion control and temperature control procedures
- Ensure meals are served on time and served efficiently
- Interact daily with residents to assure satisfaction with meals.
- Work closely with Gardens staff to enhance the dining service experience
- Monitor appropriate checklists in support of the dining area and kitchenette cleanliness, readiness, standards
- Handle all food and beverages in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards
- Maintain inventory par levels for supplies and food in the Gardens kitchenette
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and sanitization of dining and service areas
- Update seating chart as needed
- Work with the Program Director and Activities Director during all special functions
- Being aware of residents special diets
- Be knowledgeable to special needs
- Ensure resident snacks are readily available under the direction of the Program Director
- Conduct resident interviews for meal assessment and to ascertain likes and dislikes
- Conduct monthly food committee meetings, follow up on comments and concerns, and retaining record of meetings and resolutions
- Maintain pleasant dining atmosphere (i/e- music, lighting, opening blinds, etc)
While working in the Main Kitchen:
- Performs duties according to the cleaning schedule and uses good sanitation and safety procedures.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely, efficient, safe and sanitary manner.
- Must adhere to dress code and maintain a clean personal appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Keep the work and resident areas free of hazardous objects that could result in falls or other injuries.
- Report unsafe conditions to Executive Chef or other appropriate personnel.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that contributes to a safe and healthful environment for both residents and employees.
- Takes food orders and serves meals to residents in the dining room.
- Learns dining room serving techniques.
- Assists in cold food prep, to include but not limited to pouring juices, preparing supplements, making sandwiches, etc.
- Conduct business relationships with contractors, vendors, and the public in an ethical manner
- Sets up the dining room per set up chart.
- Learns the operation of the dishwasher and works in the dish room as needed.
- Communicates problems with residents to supervisor.
- Respect each resident's rights and conduct business relationships with residents in an ethical manner.
- Attends in-service meetings and training classes.
- Subject to extreme temperatures, burns, cuts, falls, and other hazards associated with kitchen work.
- The majority of the day is spent standing and walking
- Must be able to lift heavy and/or hot objects up to 40 pounds in weight.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance, starting Day 1
- Weekly pay!
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Free use of campus fitness center and indoor pool!
- Flexible paid time off plan for sick, vacation, and personal time
- Free garage parking
- Free Snacks on Tuesdays and Free Lunches on Fridays!
- College Tuition Benefit reimbursement and scholarship programs
- Free English Language tutoring
- Employer sponsored Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance with additional voluntary coverage
- Discounts at Verizon Wireless and more!
Submit resume on-line:
This position is located at 100 Newbury Court, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.