Deaconess Abundant Life Communities is committed to fostering an environment that promotes an exceptional quality of life and the opportunity to form meaningful relationships, for both the people who work and live in our communities
Since its establishment in 1889, Deaconess knows the success of each community is the result of the dedication and achievement of those who work here. Progress and growth in the future continues to depend on our greatest asset ?the men and women who work together to provide a fulfilling lifestyle for those we serve.
Providing quality housing, health, and wellness services for persons going through the aging process is a hallmark of Deaconess Abundant Life Communities. Our name reflects a renowned reputation for providing a broad range of services and cultivating a person’s desire to age gracefully. Uniquely, as the needs of residents at our communities change, we bring services to them preventing stressful moves and relocation. An abundant life—rich in family, friends, caring, comfort, and peace of mind—is what we strive to provide at Deaconess Abundant Life Communities.
We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our Corporate Financial team
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares journal entries to record asset, liability, and expense transactions by compiling supporting documents and account information, ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables.
- Maintains and balances account reconciliations by verifying, allocating, and reconciling transactions.
- Tracks Fixed Assets and assigned assets useful lives according to company policy
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger in a timely manner
- Supports and backs up primary accounts payable accountant
- Supports and backs up primary payroll processing coordinator
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree or equivalent. Strong communication skills, proficient knowledge of Excel, payroll and accounting software experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance, starting Day 1 (FT/PT Eligible)
- Paid Weekly
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans with company match and discretionary profit share
- Free use of campus fitness center and indoor pool!
- Flexible paid time off plan for sick, vacation, and personal time
- Free garage parking
- Free Snacks on Tuesdays and other special staff appreciation events!
- College Tuition Benefit reimbursement and scholarship programs?(FT/PT eligible)
- Free English Language tutoring
- Employer sponsored Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance with additional voluntary coverage?(FT/PT eligible
- Discounts at Verizon Wireless?/span>and more
This position is located at 80 Deaconess Road, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.