Deaconess Abundant Life Communities is committed to fostering an environment that promotes an exceptional quality of life and the opportunity to form meaningful relationships, for both the people who work and live in our communities
Since its establishment in 1889, Deaconess knows the success of each community is the result of the dedication and achievement of those who work here. Progress and growth in the future continues to depend on our greatest asset – the men and women who work together to provide a fulfilling lifestyle for those we serve.
Providing quality housing, health, and wellness services for persons going through the aging process is a hallmark of Deaconess Abundant Life Communities. Our name reflects a renowned reputation for providing a broad range of services and cultivating a person’s desire to age gracefully. Uniquely, as the needs of residents at our communities change, we bring services to them preventing stressful moves and relocation. An abundant life—rich in family, friends, caring, comfort, and peace of mind—is what we strive to provide at Deaconess Abundant Life Communities.
We are looking to add a Senior Accountant to our Corporate Financial team
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares a variety of recurring financial transactions, reports, and analyses related to (organization and affiliates) operating financial statements, intercompany activity, and other sub ledger activity and schedules.
- Performs detailed analyses of various general ledger accounts and selected cost centers, as assigned. Reviews activity for accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness, interpreting trends or deviations and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares analyses of revenue and expense variances, providing management with explanations for current and prior year changes, and projected impact.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for assigned accounts, ensuring all activity is recorded, adjustments are calculated, and corrections are made. Ensures all assigned accounts are reconciled.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in preparation for the annual external audit.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of issues to support management inquiries for revenue and expenses, all performed within time sensitive deadlines and with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Maintains in an organized manner all on-line supporting back-up for review by external auditors. This includes journal entries, detail trial balance reports, journal entry logs, account reconciliation reports, payroll related data and various supporting general ledger schedules.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance, starting Day 1 (FT/PT Eligible)
- Paid Weekly
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans with company match and discretionary profit share
- Free use of campus fitness center and indoor pool!
- Flexible paid time off plan for sick, vacation, and personal time
- Free garage parking
- Free Snacks on Tuesdays and other special staff appreciation events!
- College Tuition Benefit reimbursement and scholarship programs (FT/PT eligible)
- Free English Language tutoring
- Employer sponsored Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance with additional voluntary coverage (FT/PT eligible
- Discounts at Verizon Wireless and more
This position is located at 80 Deaconess Road, Concord, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.