Dynamic Positioning Operators
Crowley is actively hiring DPO's. The current openings are mainly with SIU however, you may be considered for any vessel with Crowley and this might require you to work with a different union.
What we offer
A key role with the largest Jones Act employer with a diverse fleet of vessels. Promotion and transfer opportunities across fleets for high-performing mariners. Various ways to challenge and develop your maritime competencies. Membership to the Mariner Employee Resource Group which is focused on creating a safe, inclusive and diverse workforce. Competitive wages and strong union benefits.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity in Action
Our goal is to foster a culture that is honest to our values - one that champions inclusion, diversity of experiences of perspectives and encourages innovation to attract best talent for our culture. We foster workplaces and teams where employees feel at home in a global company that exposes them to different people and experiences.
• Mate 1600 Gross Tons upon Oceans License
• Mate of Towing Vessels upon Oceans
• Valid STCW with all required endorsements (including, but not limited to Officer in Charge of Navigation Watch, GMDSS, and Advanced Firefighting)
• Lifeboatman Endorsement
• CPR/First Aid
• Valid Passport - must be able to travel internationally with no restrictions
• Dynamic Positioning Basic or Unlimited (Nautical Institute) certification
• 1-year experience as Mate on towing vessels. Experience in “oil patch” preferred
• Kongsberg Dynamic Positioning experience preferred
• Familiarity with Operational Excellence Systems
• Familiarity with all aspects of cargo and ballast operations and regulations
• Familiarity with Federal/State regulatory policy
• Computer proficiencies with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Maintenance-based programs.
Must be Current on medical and training requirements.
COVID (this requirement does not apply to our Western Alaska, CPRS, and CONRO fleets)
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our lives and the workplace, Crowley has consistently been committed to applying the safety and healthiest policies to continue serving our customers, suppliers, and vendors and supporting the most valued resource – our employees. Accordingly, candidates who accept an offer of employment for work onboard a Crowley vessel will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination during the onboarding process. Successful candidates who seek an exemption from vaccination for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief will be required to provide appropriate documentation in support of such request and be subject to additional health and safety protocols.