Network Security Firewall Engineer
Information Technology --> Information Technology
Core4ce is adding a Network Security Firewall Engineer to support a mission critical project for the Military Health Systems under the Defense Health Administration.
- Configure, monitor and maintain network security equipment including, access control lists (ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls, and layer 4-7 application-aware firewalls.
- Skill in implementation of physical and virtual firewalls.
- Experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system.
- Manage firewall and network security systems by establishing and enforcing approved policies.
- Ability to research and verify ports, protocol and services (PPS) for security compliance.
- A thorough understanding of how applications communicate over the network using source and destination IP addresses, ports and protocols.
- Ability to analyze network security requirements and implement perimeter security changes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Develop network documentation of security infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting a variety of products within a multi-vendor environment.
- Monitor network performance and implement performance tuning as necessary.
- Utilize industry best practices for security, disaster recovery, business continuity, change control, the engineer will design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a variety of network firewall technologies.
- Must be able to obtain TS security clearance
- 6+ years of Networking experience
- Knowledge or experience of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting firewalls in medium to large, complex organizations.
- Preferred applicants will also have experience with intrusion detection systems, VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis solutions, configuration and change management and other network security systems and devices.
- Solid experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis methodologies.
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Experience scripting with Python, Java, and or Perl.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status