Bid and Proposal Intern
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
If you are a student who is looking for valuable real-world business experience, personal and professional growth and development, and competitive pay, COLSA is the place for you! We are seeking a summer intern to support COLSA Corporation's Bid and Proposal Department. The selected intern will play a direct role in assisting COLSA's pursuit of new work and supporting various business functions associated with responding to U.S. Government Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Performs duties under direct to moderate supervision in business development and proposal tasks of the organization that align closely with many fields of study.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Assists with a wide range of duties in the field of Proposal planning and management *
- Assists with creation and analysis of requests for proposal, and development of required proposal products; examples include proposal calendars, data calls, and presentations for leadership and/or for the proposal team *
- Performs assigned intern projects and follows them to completion; examples include report generation, data collection, and updating data bases *
- Supports more experienced personnel in the execution of their duties; examples include research, proofreading and/or editing content, and formatting of proposal documents *
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in pursuit of an undergraduate degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, English, or a related field.
- Must be willing and able to relocate to Huntsville, AL at his/her own expense for duration of internship
- Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
- US Citizenship required, ability to pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
- Previous experience in writing or producing written or online content
- Experience with desktop publishing or graphic design tools
- Experience with business management functions
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 business days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
COLSA offers a comprehensive and customizeable benefits program which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Supplemental Income Protection Programs, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Education & Certification Reimbursement, Employee Discount Program, Wellness Program, Paid Time Off and Holidays.