Acquisition Manager, Senior - Fixed Wing
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support programs to include preparation and review of specific documentation, such as plans and presentations to include but not limited to: integrate master plan, work breakdown structure, integrated master schedule, cost and contact performance data, Acquisition Program Baseline (APB), Life Cycle Management Plan (LCMP), risk management plans, etc.
- Provides specialized acquisition and program management services to assist the Government with acquisition planning, modification execution, and program support
- Develop, review, and coordinate cost estimate requests, cost impact requests, changes in scope, purchase requests, and fund cite authorization letters for platform modification program services.
- Synchronize with external agency points of contact required in the accomplishment of document coordination.
- Provide program management services to support SOF/PR Program Management Reviews (PMRs), System Requirements Reviews (SRRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), and other associated program meetings and conferences.
- Advises and assists the Government in the development and justification of budge estimates and justifications which are submitted to Congress each year.
- Participate in determining requirements, forecasting, distribution, and redistributing materiel in support of assigned budget and/or program areas.
- Track procurement and receipt of modification kits and asset, and aircraft installation and completion schedules.
- Coordinate and track aircraft induction and completion schedules, aircraft status, and shipment and delivery of instillation kits and other assets.
- Assist in the development/updating of the following but no limited to studies and analysis of modification-related issues, provisioning lists, Acquisition Category (ACAT) documentation, PPPs, LCMPs, and risk management plans.
- Utilize the Comprehensive Cost and Requirements (CCaR) system to initiate documentation and generate report to define coordinate program requirements, formulate budgets, forecast program.
execution, track the program execution, and reconcile execution data.
- Assist with the management of Government Furnished Materiel (GFM) for all aircraft in repair, overhaul, and medication at weapon system contractor facilities.
- Update and maintain documentation/storage records, coordinate on destination and shipping modes, develop shipping documents, coordinate movement, handling and shipping.
- Assist Government Furnished Property (GFP), which identifies required parted need by the weapon systems contractor to repair/modify aircraft.
- Ensure only authorized material is ordered to support repair/modification of aircraft.
- Track the cost of GFM for each aircraft to prevent loss of funds.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
o Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD -OR-
o BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD -OR-
o HS Diploma and 20 years of directly related experience, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Must have current acquisition and program management knowledge and experience in support of aircraft weapon systems, DoD aircraft weapon systems are preferred, to include experience in managing program cost, schedule, performance, and risk.
- Shall have current knowledge and working experience of a wide variety of acquisition program support activities to assist in performing a wide range of program management activities to include assistance in gathering data, conducting analyses, evaluation, and validation of acquisition programmatic documentation.
- Must have skills in developing pre- and post-award documentation and shall assist in milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination, and decision documentation.
- Strong proficiency in using desktop applications.
- U.S. Citizenship required; Security clearance at SECRET level required
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification
- Previous experience on fixed wing aircraft, especially C-130 Hercules
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 business days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
COLSA offers a comprehensive and customizeable benefits program which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Supplemental Income Protection Programs, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Education & Certification Reimbursement, Employee Discount Program, Wellness Program, Paid Time Off and Holidays.