Acquisition Manager, Senior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
Analyzes program activities such as acquisition cost, schedule and performance related to government contracts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support key acquisition events and reviews as needed, such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Technical Coordination Meetings (TCM), Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), Physical Configuration Audits (PCA), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), and others as applicable.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining databases and assist in the development and analysis of key program metrics.
- Assist with tracking technical metrics and reporting status.
- Apply an understanding of DoD and AF program/project analysis to assist with planning, organizing, completing and presenting assessments of program/project activity management concepts, analyses, studies and procedures to the USG; Assist with performing analyses to support program strategy decisions and courses of action; Evaluate implications of existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/laws and recommend improvements to the USG.
- Support the development, review, and approval processes for requirements document development and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process and staffing; Assist in translating user requirements documents such as the Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation for the directorate.
- Support USG implementation of policies, processes, and tools for capability planning and development; Assist capabilities managers in arranging and supporting High Powered Teams (HPTs) for capabilities development; Assist in developing and implementing capability based planning processes for AFMC; Assist in facilitating AFMC support to Capability Review and Risk Assessment (CRRA) and integrate AFMC/Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) capability based planning activities and by providing input for Integrated Summits (I-SUMMITs).
- Promote the use of Modeling Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) throughout the acquisition lifecycle process and foster the development and maintenance of common use MS&A tools useful to the divisions/groups/industry.
- Assist in integration of intelligence information and infrastructure to ensure cross-enterprise capabilities planning and system acquisition.
- Provide support for all aspects of program cost, schedule, and performance; Assist with Data Item Descriptions (DIDs), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), data calls, and reviews; Support and assist in planning, organizing, and managing of general and critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of the systems, subsystems, and equipment as well as the acquisition program management of the full life cycle requirements.
- Develop and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary packages to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approval.
- Assist in producing or supporting the development of draft documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated by programmatic limits based on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Assist with developing, analyzing, reporting, and maintaining schedules and metrics that are needed to track program status; Assist with providing schedule analysis of overarching program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) with knowledge of OEM-specific scheduling tools, or other tools mandated by the USG and integration techniques.
- Interface and coordinate with lateral USG organizations, including but not limited to headquarters, major commands, aircraft wings/squadrons, test agencies, and USAF Centers or other external agencies to accomplish assigned tasks; Assist with the resolution of programmatic issues including, but not be limited to, interfacing/querying Air Staff, Air Force Major Command, and DoD personnel.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- MA/MS degree, and twelve (12) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) years of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- BA/BS degree, and fifteen (15) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- HSD/GED, twenty (20) years of directly related experience, eight (8) of which must be in the DoD
- U.S. Citizenship required. Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages
- Experience with providing technical support, planning for, coordinating, and participating in integrated program reviews and conferences, including but not limited to, the following: executive, readiness, technical, budget, design, weapon system, requirement working groups, supportability, and management reviews.
- Previous experience supporting DAG and PEG processes, including but not limited to, Execution Reviews, Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Selected Acquisition Reports (SAR), other acquisition reports, and the Senior Officer Communication and Coordination Electronic Resource (SOCCER).
- Previous experience participating in process improvement activities as members of, or advisors to, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups (PIWGs).
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits