Business Development Research Analyst
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
The Business Development (BD) Research Analyst will perform all aspects of analytical research to support business development and capture efforts to grow new business for COLSA’s functional markets. The BD Research Analyst uses open-source intelligence and subscription services in order to identify relevant data, perform analysis on that data, and present findings to senior staff members of all departments. The BD Research Analyst assists with lead development, research, and identification of relevant opportunity specific information across all capture phases. The BD Research Analyst performs quantitative and qualitative analysis on business intelligence data to generate insights and information supporting business growth. The BD Research Analyst consolidates complex data into easily understood reports with actionable analysis for senior stakeholders. Products include but are not limited to development of metrics, briefings, and whitepapers for pipeline assessments, HUMINT reports, organizational analysis, and government spend projections, etc. The BD Research Analyst will be responsible for addressing organizational needs with tailored analytical products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses*
- Collects business intelligence data from databases, web-based sources and tools, industry reports, public information, and/or internal sources*
- Researches and analyzes data regarding industry and market trends, competitors, business opportunities, customers, pricing, and talent landscape to provide support to business operations *
- Translates data into valuable insights for operational decision-making and strategic planning*
- Assists in preparing reports and graphic illustrations of findings*
- May collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets
- Present findings to executive management and internal stakeholders*
- Ability to gain internal support across multiple organizations and operations divisions with the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers in developing and performing corporate new business capture strategies.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-6 years of related analytical experience
- Proficiency with desktop applications and search tools
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship required; Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background investigation
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard database tools (e.g., GovWin, Bloomberg Government, LinkedIn, Glassdoor)
- Demonstrated experience with open-source Government contracting sources (e.g., SAM, FPDS, USA Spending)
- Understanding of Government acquisition processes and Government contracting
- Demonstrated experience developing analytical briefings and presenting to senior leadership
COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits