Operational Acquisition Manager SME
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
- Must be completely autonomous and well versed in Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQ) and AFLCMC scheduling processes, able to perform at an acquisition scheduling expert level and provide technical guidance and advice to the Government PM and PEO.
- Consult with the Government to define issues/tasks and recommend solutions; will work with the technical team to derive scheduling tasks and requirements, brief the schedule to the Government PM/PEO, and follow up to close any action items.
- Advise and assist the Government in the development of weapon system program execution strategies to achieve capability outcomes as documented in the program acquisition strategy document and acquisition program baseline.
- Apply demonstrated practical experience to develop, analyze, and maintain an IMP/IMS.
- Apply in-depth experience in scheduling and project control best practices to assist the Government in the use and development of metrics, data collection and tracking tools, and schedule input to assess the health of the IPTs throughout the assigned program.
- Apply a working knowledge of EVM principles in order to evaluate and report program health and status.
- Arrange and support various program actions such as meeting attendance; meeting minutes; milestone planning, tracking, and scheduling; briefing preparation; staff coordination; risk management plan and strategy development and integration; and decision documentation preparation.
- Have working knowledge of and be able to use software schedule applications, including but not limited to Open Plan Professional (OPP) and/or Microsoft Project. If required by the assigned organization, the Contractor shall be required to become proficient in DelTek Open Plan Professional and Acumen Fuse.
- Provide schedule training to PMO and designees upon Government request.
- Apply operational flight crew experience to advise and assist with the development and refinement of functional and technical requirements for modernization and sustainment programs as well as studies.
- Prepare and deliver field-level training to C-130 operational units regarding the content, capabilities and flight crew procedure changes required to use new or modified functions delivered as a result of modernization or sustainment system updates.
- Lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide operationally-relevant advice and to recommend solutions to problems in the field.
- Provide strategic advice, technical guidance, and expertise to program and project staff and shall conduct detailed analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for weapon system improvements.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- MA/MS degree, and twelve (12) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) years of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- BA/BS degree, and fifteen (15) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- HSD/GED, twenty (20) years of directly related experience, eight (8) of which must be in the DoD.
- U.S. Citizenship required; Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the required level
- Five (5) years of flight crew experience in DoD transport aircraft
- Experience in the assigned division’s weapon system
- Aircraft training experience
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits