AvMC EITSS/Technical Operations Center Analyst - Cyber (Journeyman)
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
- Provide systems analysis, administration and technical support on virtual and physical unclassified and classified computer systems and applications for AvMC
- Provide system level support of applications written and maintained on in-house web servers, file systems and restricted shell access menus
- Provide state-of-the-art system administration solutions and support for hardware and software platforms to include all GOTS and COTS applications that reside on these platforms in classified and unclassified environments
- Provide hardware/software support for application servers, network infrastructure, web servers, print servers, virtual file servers, virtual machines, and reporting tools
- Follow and maintain DISA STIGs for the hardware/software support for application servers, network infrastructure, web servers, print servers, virtual file servers, virtual machines, and reporting tools
- Maintain a SOC/Network Operations Center (NOC) to monitor and alert necessary personnel to critical audit events and service or systems degradation or outage
- Management of users, user attributes and permissions, group and local policies, printer management, share management, and user authentication
- Provide technical support for hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, system backups, system updates and helpdesk support for AvMC’s information systems users/train users as needed
- Responsible for Hardware/Software maintenance including patch management, vulnerability remediation/mitigation, configuration management, firmware obsolescence adjudication, capability enhancements, and updates
- Perform lifecycle management of the AvMC network and IT infrastructure to include supporting vendor capability updates and managing End of Life (EoL)/obsolescence risks for AvMC information systems
- Perform system scans and analyses using Government provided tools and have a thorough technical understanding of network, server, and workstation security
- Install, configure, and maintain security management tools to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Puppet, Ansible, SALT, and Satellite Server for all AvMC Operating Systems in use
- Assist with activities related to IAVAs, STIGs, patches, and new compliance technology implementation
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in information security, cyber security, or a related field
- Experience with DISA STIG application and validation on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with ACAS vulnerability and compliance scan tools
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical approaches and findings.
- US Citizenship required; must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD clearance
- Must be able to obtain CompTIA Security+ CE certification within 6 months of hire
- Active DoD clearance
- Security+CE certification
- Linux and networking certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and Linux OS scripting
- Working knowledge of Ansible
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits