AvMC/EITSS Junior Cyber Analyst
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
Performs system monitoring and analysis support for the detection of cyber incidents and provides recommendations on how to correct findings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
Perform and support Configuration Management (CM) activities for information systems hardware and software such as configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
Develop and maintain an AMRULI baseline image IAW the latest Secure Host Baseline (SHB) or approved DoD baseline and document changes
Utilize automated tools provided by the Government to maintain hardware information that addresses the manufacturer, type, model, machine name, product description, version, Internet Protocol (IP) Address, Mission Assurance Category (MAC), location, operating system, status, software product name, version, type, and licensing status.
Support the Information System (IS) CM requirements for all information system activities to ensure all changes to an accredited system are documented in the RMF accreditation package.
Contribute to the security accreditation of applications, as it relates to mission network support and operations.
Provide the technical data and computer data needed for the mission network to assist with the submission of RMF data.
Control connections and access to the mission network. Candidate shall control user accounts and privileges.
Candidate shall provide data and information regarding the overall system security, as it relates to mission network support.
Candidate shall work with the security team to identify, fix, and provide information regarding resolving vulnerabilities, and computer incidents.
Monitors the network and supporting systems to detect security compromise events (including intrusions and virus incidents). *
- Provides standard support for processes, investigations and maintenance of system accreditation*
- Identifies where systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.*
- Provides recommendations for protecting networks, workstations, servers, and IT assets.*
- Involved in conducting audits to ensure information systems security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in security plans and best practices. *
- Supports the formal testing requirements through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Involved in passive evaluations (compliance audits) and/or active evaluations (vulnerability assessments).
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of work related experience.
- Must be able to obtain CompTIA Security+CE within 6 months of hire
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- US Citizenship Required; Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Active DoD clearance
- Security+CE certification
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Working knowledge of Lansweeper
- Linux, Windows, or Networking Computing Environment certification
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits