Acquisition Manager, Journeyman
Location of Position
- Dayton, Ohio
- Robins Air Force Base, Georgia
- Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
- Ogden, Utah
- Robins Air Force Base, Georgia
- Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
- Ogden, Utah
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
COLSA Corporation is seeking candidates for Acquisition Managers (Journeyman) positions in support of a USAF contract.
Position openings may be available at Wright Patterson AFB, OH; Warner Robins, GA; Hill AFB, Utah; and/or Tinker AFB, OK.
This position will provide support to the program in areas such as:
- Demonstrates an understanding of DoD acquisition processes, and analytical methods or techniques to gather, analyze, and evaluate information required by the USG; assist in drawing conclusions and devising solutions to problems relating to improvement of acquisition effectiveness and compliance; assist with developing and drafting acquisition documentation and assisting with quality control; assist with performing work measurement studies, program or operations efficiency reviews, cost studies, or workload change impact analyses; and rely upon and use automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions.
- Supports key acquisition events and reviews as needed, such as: System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Technical Coordination Meetings (TCM), Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), Physical Configuration Audits (PCA), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), and others as applicable.
- Applies an understanding of contracting policies and processes for the purpose of analyzing requirements and assisting with the development of solutions to include pre-award and post-award situations.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining databases and assist in the development and analysis of key program metrics.
- Assist in developing and integrating risk management plans and strategies and support program briefings.
- Assist in determining program progress and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to higher organizational management.
- Assist in organizing and managing critical aspects of the development, production, deployment, and sustainment of programs/projects.
- Applies an understanding of DoD and AF program/project analysis to assist with planning, organizing, completing and presenting assessments of program/project activity management concepts, analyses, studies and procedures to the USG.
- Assists with performing analyses to support program strategy decisions and courses of action.
- Evaluates implications of existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/laws and recommend improvements to the USG.
- Assists the USG in the planning and organizing of program management activities, and/or analyses efforts of a group of specialists, and/or advising on and performing work related to program management.
- Performs a wide range of activities including gathering a variety of program information, conducting analyses, acquisition strategy planning, pre-award and post-award document preparation, and milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination, and decision documentation preparation.
- The Contractor shall support the development, review, and approval processes for requirements document development and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process and staffing.
- Assists in translating user requirements documents such as the Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation for the directorate.
- Supports USG implementation of policies, processes, and tools for capability planning and development.
- Assists in developing and implementing capability based planning processes for AFMC.
- Assists in reviewing capability requirements and option sets to ensure the necessary interoperability and appropriate linkages to other capabilities. The Contractor shall assist in performing material solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Assists in intelligence information and infrastructure to ensure cross-enterprise capabilities planning and system acquisition.
- Assists in establishing a capability architect function to ensure integrated architectures are developed and used as a standard vehicle for cross-enterprise comparison, analysis, and integration.
- Identifies and advocates to various levels of management improvements to existing and proposed Air Force Operational Support capability requirements.
- Supports transformational improvements to operational support via capability-based planning, modernization initiatives and process engineering.
- Provide support for all aspects of program cost, schedule, and performance.
- Assist with the Data Item Descriptions (DIDs), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), data calls, and reviews.
- Supports and assists in planning, organizing, and managing of general and critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of the systems, subsystems, and equipment as well as the acquisition program management of the full life cycle requirements.
- Supports the development and sustainment of program requirements documents, assist with producing and/or reviewing products for USG use—to include acquisition strategies and plans, integrated schedules, all required program documentation to include but not limited to documentation between functional resources, program risk management plans and tracking, logistic support, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) proposal evaluation.
- Assists with logging, assigning review responsibilities, tracking completions, providing responses to the using command, and archiving results.
- Develops and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary packages to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approval.
- Provides technical support, plan for, coordinate, and participate in integrated program reviews and conferences, including but not limited to: executive, readiness, technical, budget, design, weapon system, requirement working groups, supportability, and management reviews.
- Participates in system developer or OEM technical and programmatic reviews, assisting in identifying risks, and developing mitigation plans.
- Assists with the management of the action item process following each review, briefings and reports by gathering information, preparing charts, presenting briefings, and providing other support as needed.
- Produces or supports development of draft documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated by programmatic limits based on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Supports program execution per established strategies and plans, during all program phases, support all program milestones, and provide support as well as expertise for briefings and meetings as required.
- Assists with tracking appropriation and allocation of funds to ensure the efficient obligation and execution of funds to certify costs and scheduled activities are aligned and tracked to meet program goals.
Schedule Project Management
- Assists with developing, analyzing, reporting, and maintaining schedules and metrics that are needed to track program status.
- Provides schedule analysis of overarching program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) with knowledge of OEM-specific scheduling tools, or other tools mandated by the USG and integration techniques.
- Assists with applying EVM principles and program control best practices in order to evaluate and report program health and status.
- Uses Microsoft Project or other scheduling tools as required.
External Mission Partner Coordination
- Interfaces and coordinates with lateral USG organizations, including but not limited to headquarters, major commands, aircraft wings/squadrons, test agencies, and USAF Centers or other external agencies to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Assists with the resolution of programmatic issues including, but not be limited to, interfacing/querying Air Staff, Air Force Major Command, and DoD personnel.
- Provides technical support, planning for, coordinating, and participating in integrated program reviews and conferences, including but not limited to, the following: executive, readiness, technical, budget, design, weapon system, requirement working groups, supportability, and management reviews.
- Assists with program briefings and reports by gathering information, preparing charts, presenting briefings, and providing other support as needed.
Director’s Action Group/Program Execution Group Support
- Support DAG and PEG processes, including but not limited to, Execution Reviews, Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Selected Acquisition Reports (SAR), other acquisition reports, and the Senior Officer Communication and Coordination Electronic Resource (SOCCER).
Working Group/Integrated Product Team Participation
- Participates in process improvement activities as members of, or advisors to, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups (PIWGs).
- Performs, as required, a non-voting advisory role for program source selections on all acquisition related requirements.
- Assists in determining program progress and effectively communicate recommendations, orally and in writing, to higher organizational management.
- Applies program knowledge for developing and coordinating responses to taskers in response to internal and external program inquiries.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- BA/BS, ten (10) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, three (3) of which must be in the DoD
- Fifteen (15) years of directly related experience , five (5) of which must be in the DoD
- Education and years of experience required by the contract may be modified at the discretion of the EPASS CO
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits