Acquisition Engineer (Aerospace, Aviation, Aircraft, Airworthiness, Etc.)
Location of Position
- Dayton, Ohio
- Robins Air Force Base, GA
- Tinker AFB, OK
- Ogden, UT
- Robins Air Force Base, GA
- Tinker AFB, OK
- Ogden, UT
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
COLSA Corporation is seeking candidates for Acquisition Engineers who want to apply their expertise to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems!
Position openings may be available at Wright Patterson AFB, OH; Warner Robins, GA; Hill AFB, UT; and/or Tinker AFB, OK, and may be filled at various skill levels (Junior, Journeyman, Senior, SME).
This position will provide support to the program in areas such as:
- Provide assistance in the development, procurement, sustainment and modification of aircraft systems, subsystems, components and equipment.
- Applies knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICDs, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
Systems Security Engineer
- Support the Systems Engineer with program engineering milestone reviews, test planning, and certification and accreditation packages. Review/develop/update applicable systems security engineering program documentation
- Applies knowledge of electrical engineering in support of electrical power systems, avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods, sustainment, modeling/simulation, testing and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
Manufacturing/Quality Assurance Engineer
- Assists in developing and assessing defect prevention strategies and processes for development, production, and deployment of hardware. Assist in performing Quality Assurance (QA) analyses to ensure hardware systems being acquired by the USG can be produced by controlled manufacturing processes at manageable risk to cost, schedule, or user satisfaction.
- Assists in conducting special studies and analyzing broad QA issues common to all USG acquisition programs, including: discrete investigations of particular issues using such methods and tools as process variability reduction, statistical process/quality control, defect prevention, metrology, nondestructive evaluation, QA, or automated inspection.
- Assists in reviewing and assessing contractor QA planning and progress.
- Evaluates quality system of the weapon system prime/subcontractor or depot, to the degree it impacts the system being acquired and assess the quality planning, discipline, and effectiveness, including weapon system prime/subcontractor use of advanced quality tools, techniques and systems.
Reliability and Maintainability Engineer
- Assists in developing an effective Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) process that ensures the user’s weapon system R&M requirements are clearly defined and achieved with agreement by the mission partner in support of the user's requirements
- Reviews the Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) and reliability standard reports
- Assist in reviewing the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements)
- Demonstrates knowledge of software engineering in support of the design, development, testing and evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and administration of new and/or existing software systems
- Apply extensive knowledge in software assurance practices and tools to include architecture and design analysis tools, origin analyzers, source code weakness analyzers and binary analyzers
- Assist in reviewing, developing, and updating applicable program documentation for software engineering relevant requirements
Systems Integration Engineer
- Performs systems engineering to include expertise in systems design and integration; manufacturing, quality and industrial engineering; airworthiness; and configuration, and data management
- Assist in developing, deploying, and maintaining processes to assure weapon systems are fully integrated, manufactured, sustained, configuration managed and operationally safe, suitable and effective throughout their life cycle
- Apply OSS&E and airworthiness processes, as well as assist in providing risk assessments, safety analysis and recommendations, and addressing high priority safety issues
- Apply knowledge of systems engineering in support of system definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, risk modeling/simulation, testing and evaluation, human system integration (HSI), crew stations engineering, OSS&E efforts, interoperability requirements, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems, including ground based systems
Systems Safety Engineer
- Accomplish system safety engineering tasks to include risk assessment and system safety program for the assigned program(s) to ensure all systems procured are safe to operate and maintain.
- Review and assist with the development of system safety program plans, hazard analyses, performing risk assessments, evaluating weapon system contractor safety proposals, evaluating safety concerns/issues of using and support commands, and assisting with the resolution of safety issues/risks
Training Systems Engineer
- Provide assistance with the following training system requirements: definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and certification across all platform-required training systems.
- Assist with reviewing, developing, and updating applicable program documentation for training systems requirements
- Support the mechanical systems integrity program, maintain and update the critical safety item list, and monitor airworthiness certification for the aircraft
- Support the directorate in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure OSS&E for all products
Flight Systems Engineer
- Provide assistance with the development, procurement, sustainment and modification of aircraft flight systems, sub-systems, components and equipment
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of aircraft structural integrity and airworthiness
- Provide assistance in the development, procurement, sustainment and modification of aircraft structures systems, sub-systems, components and equipment
- Assist with technical requirements compliance pertaining to avionics development, test, sustainment and operations pertaining to navigation, voice communication systems, Line of Sight (LOS) and Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) data link systems, military and civilian communication networks, network protocols, Information Protection Security (IPSec), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)/Extensible Markup Language (XML) packaging of network commands and air data systems to include performance, integrity and airworthiness
Escape Systems Engineer
- Applies expertise and experience in design, development, production, procurement and testing of aircraft and associated systems in the area of Aircraft Crew Systems and Escape Systems
- Applies knowledge and responsible for escape systems to include emergency escape and egress, ejection seats, human physiological limits, injury criteria, escape system modeling, energetics (CAD/PAD) and crash worthiness
Optical/Visual Systems Engineer
- Assists with technical requirements generation and requirements compliance determination pertaining to mechanical, electrical, optical, and software systems for imaging sensors, visual displays and image generation products addressing performance, integrity and airworthiness
- Assist with analysis, requirements generation, characterization, testing and verification of optical component performance including sensors, lenses, mirrors, and displays
Technology Integration Engineering Subject Matter Expert
- Serve as subject matter expert for all aspects of systems integration and electronics/communications/technology engineering areas of interest, acquisition planning and technology assessment supporting various equipment and weapons systems.
- Incorporates those facets into acquisition planning, rapid prototyping, rapid fielding and other acquisition programs or activities including those conducted with non-traditional contractors.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resources and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BS/MS degree in an ABET-accredited engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10-15+ years’ functional area experience
- Education and years of experience required by the contract may be modified at the discretion of the EPASS CO
- Independently demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Skype/Lync), Adobe Acrobat, and applications for access to the world wide web including Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the required level. US Citizenship required.
- Prior engineering expertise in support of USAF aircraft and systems
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits