Acquisition Program Management Professional, Senior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FINAL APPROVAL OF FUNDING. This position provides the following support for the Armament Directorate, Long Range Systems Division, AFLCMC/EBJ, Eglin AFB, FL. The Long Range Systems Division, AFLCMC/EBJ, has responsibility for developing, producing, and sustaining the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles (JASSMs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as defined in DoDI 5000.02 and 5000.75, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the AF.
- Apply knowledge of and utilize qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
- Support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what programs are within schedule and cost baselines, and shall recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, and shall provide quality acquisition and program documentation (e.g. briefings, documents, and plans).
- Plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans; and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance
- Develop, manage, and maintain Integrated Master Schedules to include schedules for integration of activities, schedule risk analysis, and providing reports
- Support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (e.g. DAES and MAR).
- Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS
- Support implementation and execution of Agile software development processes in concert with Government and weapon system prime contractors and
- Plan, evaluate and implement program acquisition strategies to meet DoD 5000.2
- Develop program management documentation to support all phases of the acquisition life
- Develop briefings to support acquisition decision
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant degree field + 25 years relevant experience
- Master's degree in relevant degree field + 15 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in the duties and responsibilities detailed in the job description
- Effective oral and written communications skills, good interpersonal communications skills and be comfortable working in a team environment
- Proficient in the use and integration of MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Active Top Secret security clearance required.
- Previous program management experience in an AF weapon systems program office highly desired
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Configuration Management /Data Management
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits