Financial Manager, Journeyman
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
The candidate will provide financial management/comptroller support for the directorate. The major areas of support are cost research, cost estimating, EVM implementation and analysis, schedule networking, program control integration and analysis, and financial analysis on a wide variety of programs.
- Provide financial management/comptroller support for the directorate. The major areas of support are cost research, cost estimating, EVM implementation and analysis, schedule networking, program control integration and analysis, and financial analysis on a wide variety of programs.
- Assist with the preparation of financial management briefings and other reporting documents to include, but is not limited to, Notices of Supplies and Services Complete (NSSCs) and delivery reports. Development of financial analysis, to include narrative justification, may be required for quick turnaround exercises. provide support by attending SA management reviews and any other financial reviews, as necessary.
- Reconciliation may require interfacing with multiple Air Force organizations, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), DoD prime and sub-contractors, and other DoD agencies. Tailoring of existing procedures/development of improved methods and procedures will be required.
- Assist with conducting research and providing inputs to program financial management including budget formulation and management for all phases of the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes; budget and financial analysis; obligation and expenditure forecasting; funds management, funds status, and funds control techniques and/or systems; and accounting and finance systems and/or procedures.
- Assist with providing inputs to program documentation, including inputs for the identification and development of program requirements and/or cost, schedule, technical, and program risks. These inputs efforts shall include program management plans; program baselines; work breakdown structures; program risk assessments; standard program reviews; and/or reports including SARs, MARs, and DAES.
- Assist in performing material solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Apply knowledge of DoDD 5000.1/DoDI 5000.02 and DoD Financial Management and associated regulations, Air Force AFI 65 series, AFMC financial instructions, and DFAS regulations/guidance to assist in: preparing program reports and financial documentation; drawing conclusions and devising solutions to problems relating to financial management effectiveness work methods, financial systems and procedure efficiency; and developing and maintaining program budgets and other financial tracking documentation.
- Assist in analyzing Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System (ABIDES) outputs received from USG and shall assist in preparing and keeping a continuous record with comparisons sheet between prior updates and the current position.
- Consult with the USG concerning financial operations and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Provide support utilizing the following systems and/or their replacements: Comprehensive Cost and Requirements System (CCaRs); Commanders Resource Information System (CRIS); Automated Business Services System (ABSS); IDECS II; Obligation Adjustment Reporting System (OARS); FM Suite; Case Management Control System (CMCS); Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF); SAMRS; Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management (DISAM); Mechanization of Contract Administration Service (MOCAS); Bill of Quantity (BOQ); and Shared Data Warehouse (SDW).
- Assist in maintaining accurate accounting of all overtime requests and actuals and assist in briefing the Government regularly on the status of the overtime budget.
- Support the program office in the management of program financial risk.
- Will be subject to compliance with the FAR, DoD FAR Supplement (DFARS), Air Force FAR Supplements (AFFARS), Mandatory Procedures (MP), Informational Guidance (IG), as well as other applicable documents and regulations, systems, and guides, as required.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BA/BS, 10 years’ related experience, 3 years’ DoD experience – OR –
- 10 years of project assistance, administrative assistance, or similar experience in the public, military, non-profit, or private sectors – OR –
- AA/AS, 15 years’ related experience, 5 years’ DoD experience
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Security clearance at the required level. U.S. Citizenship required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits