Structural (Aircraft) Engineer, Senior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
- Perform systems engineering to include expertise in systems design and integration, manufacturing, quality and industrial engineering, airworthiness, and configuration and data management.
- Assist in developing, deploying, and maintaining processes to assure weapon systems are fully integrated, manufactured, sustained, configuration managed, and operationally safe, suitable, and effective throughout their life cycle.
- Understand and execute AFPD 62-6, USAF Airworthiness, through standardized processes and issuance of flight authorizations.
- Apply OSS&E and airworthiness processes, as well as assist in providing risk assessments, safety analysis, and recommendations and address high priority safety issues.
- Use knowledge of systems engineering in support of system definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, risk modeling/simulation, testing and evaluation, human system integration (HSI), crew stations engineering, OSS&E efforts, interoperability requirements, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems including ground-based systems.
- Review and assist in performing assessments on program specific databases, analyzing BIT failure reports, and comparing failure reports against the BIT interpreter analyzer for accuracy of BIT indications; provide system integration guidance to aircraft program offices for the program system installation and system maintenance; review and analyze technical proposals or modifications for design feasibility and system capability; assist in conducting performance effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical, and schedule risk assessments, and schedule trade-off studies; conduct systems analyses to include, but not limited to, system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessments.
- Provide system integration guidance to the government for the program system installation and system maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise and proper application of systems engineering processes to support technology and systems development.
- Assist in the development and review of the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements).
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree in an ABET-accredited engineering discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ functional area experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the required level; US Citizenship required
- Understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Skype/Lync), Adobe Acrobat, and applications for access to the world wide web including Microsoft Internet Explorer
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits