Avionics Engineer, Senior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA is honored to be
named one of the '2022 Best Midsize Employers' by Forbes. This honor is a
reflection of our collaborative, employee-centric culture. People are
COLSA's greatest asset and are instrumental in serving our clients with
innovative programs and industry-leading technology.
- Knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include a review of ICDs, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
- Support Aircraft Information Management Systems (AIMS) requirements/ testing/ certification and spectrum management requirements/ testing/ certification.
- Use knowledge of Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) requirements, policies, and regulations to define requirements, complete CNS/ATM compliance matrices, and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
- Support and assist systems analyses to include, but not be limited to, avionics system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
- Attend all technical reviews and provide technical advice on the path forward to the installation of the new hardware and software into the system.
- Assist in reviewing and performing assessments on program- specific databases.
- Assist in producing and/or reviewing technical evaluations, engineering studies, reports, analyses, and acquisition plans and strategies.
- Assist in milestone preparation as well as engineering evaluation of OEM and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues such as: evaluations of Advance Change Study Notices, ECPs, Contractor Change Proposals, FAA bulletins, and related documents.
- Apply OSS&E and airworthiness processes, as well as assist in providing risk assessments, safety analysis, and recommendations, and address high priority safety issues.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BS/MS degree in an ABET-accredited engineering discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ functional area experience
- Apply an understanding of common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- Independently demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Skype/Lync), Adobe Acrobat, and applications for access to the world wide web including Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits