Acquisition Manager Senior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of DoD acquisition processes, and analytical methods or techniques to gather, analyze, and evaluate information required by the USG; assist in drawing conclusions and devising solutions to problems relating to improvement of acquisition effectiveness and compliance; assist with developing and drafting acquisition documentation and assisting with quality control; assist with performing work measurement studies, program or operations efficiency reviews, cost studies, or workload change impact analyses; and rely upon and use automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions.
- Support key acquisition events and reviews as needed, such as: System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Technical Coordination Meetings (TCM), Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), Physical Configuration Audits (PCA), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), and others as applicable.
- Support the development, review, and approval processes for requirements document development and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process and staffing; Assist in translating user requirements documents such as the Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation for the directorate.
- Support USG implementation of policies, processes, and tools for capability planning and development; Assist capabilities managers in arranging and supporting High Powered Teams (HPTs) for capabilities development; Assist in developing and implementing capability based planning processes for AFMC; Assist in facilitating AFMC support to Capability Review and Risk Assessment (CRRA) and integrate AFMC/Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) capability based planning activities and by providing input for Integrated Summits (I-SUMMITs).
- Promote the use of Modeling Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) throughout the acquisition lifecycle process and foster the development and maintenance of common use MS&A tools useful to the divisions/groups/industry.
- Assist in integration of intelligence information and infrastructure to ensure cross-enterprise capabilities planning and system acquisition.
- Provide support for all aspects of program cost, schedule, and performance; Assist with Data Item Descriptions (DIDs), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), data calls, and reviews; Support and assist in planning, organizing, and managing of general and critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of the systems, subsystems, and equipment as well as the acquisition program management of the full life cycle requirements.
- Assist with providing technical support, planning for, coordinating, and participating in integrated program reviews and conferences, including but not limited to, the following: executive, readiness, technical, budget, design, weapon system, requirement working groups, supportability, and management reviews.
- Support DAG and PEG processes, including but not limited to, Execution Reviews, Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Selected Acquisition Reports (SAR), other acquisition reports, and the Senior Officer Communication and Coordination Electronic Resource (SOCCER).
- Participate in process improvement activities as members of, or advisors to, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups (PIWGs).
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- MA/MS degree, and twelve (12) years of experience in the respective technical / professional discipline being performed, five (5) years of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- BA/BS degree, and fifteen (15) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five (5) of which must be in the DoD -OR-
- Twenty (20) years of directly related experience, eight (8) of which must be in the DoD.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits