Acquisition Scheduler, Journeyman
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
This position provides the following support for the Armament Directorate, Advanced Programs Division, AFLCMC/EBA, Eglin AFB, FL. The Advanced Programs Division, AFLCMC/EBA, has responsibility for developing, testing, acquiring, integrating and supporting affordable and sustainable advanced, high-impact, highly classified armament technologies and capabilities to meet joint Air Force and Navy warfighter requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the AF, on various acquisition documentation efforts.
- Apply knowledge of and utilize qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition document developments.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, and provide quality acquisition and program documentation (e.g. briefings, documents, and plans).
- Develop, track, and/or monitor process of completion for program management documentation to support all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
- Support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (e.g. DAES and MAR).
- Prepare briefings, graphics and progress reports in direct support of the acquisition program management function
- Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews.
- Plan, evaluate and implement program acquisition strategies to meet DoD guidance.
- Develop briefings to support acquisition decision milestones.
- Scheduling support on a joint service advanced weapons acquisition program
- Provide Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Project Scheduling support for the Advanced Programs Division Joint Program Office (JPO)
- Provide training and support for Government Control Account Managers (GCAMS) on EVMS fundamentals and schedule best practices
- Acts as a liaison between the prime contractor, sub-contractors and the JPO leadership
- Develops, maintains and manages internal and external Microsoft Project Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for leaderships programmatic posturing
- Performs analysis and reports out EVMS and schedule metrics while providing recommendations for program management and senior leadership
- Develop and manage Milestones Pro schedules for multiple branches
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience: Bachelor's degree in relevant degree field and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience -or- Master's degree in relevant degree field and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, good interpersonal communications skills and be comfortable working in a team environment
- Proficient in the use and integration of MS Office Word, Excel and Power point applications
- Proficient with MS Project required
- Must be a US Citizen with an active SECRET clearance is required, with an investigation date active within the past six (6) years
- Previous program management experience in an AF weapon systems program office highly desired.
- Previous experience in acquisition program documentation and reporting highly desired
- Experience with software suites to include Milestones Professional, Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) using Risky Project & Full Monte, Acumen Fuse and wInsight
- Working knowledge of Schedule Health Assessments (SHA)
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
COLSA is a covered Federal
contractor subject to the federal mandate requirements for the COVID 19
vaccine. Currently, there is a temporary injunction against the
Government enjoining the vaccine mandate; however, it may become a condition of
employment in the future if the injunction is lifted.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits