FMS Acquisition Manager, Journeyman
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
- Utilize and maintain expert knowledge in Security Assistance (SA), technology transfer, disclosure and releasability, export/import compliance, risk management, program/project management, Total Package Approach (TPA) logistics support and sustainment, technical data management, contractor services, and training/training support.
- Assist in maintaining and updating program/project management documents
- Capable of independently performing tasks described in this section of the PWS. The Contractor shall maintain a current U.S. passport and be willing to travel to foreign Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) locations.
- Apply a full range of Information Assurance IA, SA, FMS, Section 1206/1203, Special Defense Acquisition Fund (SDAF), and Building Partner Capacity (BPC) acquisition program management concepts, philosophies, policies, procedures, guidance, and
- Assist in the review of documentation, correspondence, reports, and data submitted by other contractors, USG stakeholders and support agencies, international partners, and other agencies
- Assist in the identification, assessment, coordination, and documentation of functional data and resource requirements (financial, management, procurement, engineering, technical data, training, provisioning, and logistics
- Assist in the development, coordination, execution, and documentation of relevant plans, program milestones, and support various IPT activities to include, but not limited to meeting attendance; the preparation of agendas, briefing materials and reports, minutes, and action
- Assist with development of documents including but not limited to, Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) documents, Statements of Objectives (SOO), PWS, Statements of Work (SOW), LORs, Letter of Acceptance (LOAs), LOAD, and MRPs IAW the Foreign Assistance Act, the Arms Export Control Act, the International Traffic-in-Arms Regulation (ITAR), the SA Management Manual (SAMM), AFMAN 16-101, International Affairs and SA Management, and other relevant legislation, policies, directives, guidance, procedures, and practices.
- Assist in key acquisition events and reviews, such as: Scheduled Status Reports (SSRs), PDR, CDR, TRR, TCM, FCA, PCA, PRR, and others, as applicable.
- Assist the SAPMs and Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS) and Security Assistance Manpower Requirements System (SAMRS) technical support personnel in all phases of the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of FMS, pseudo-FMS, Section 1206, and SDAF cases; shall assist with LOA development, implementation, and execution; assist with LOAD preparation, coordination, validation, and data entry in DSAMS; assist with MRP preparation, coordination, validation, and data entry in SAMRS.
- Utilize the application of acquisition management initiatives to assist with commercial acquisitions (e.g., Commercial Off-The-Shelf [COTS] and FAA certified items), commercial practices (e.g., Performance Based Logistics [PBL] and contracting), incremental and hybrid-acquisition, and country-peculiar CONOPS.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining FMS-peculiar Operating Instructions (OIs,), guides, and process models, including the development and maintenance of self-inspection/assessment processes, procedures, and checklists
- Proficient in the use of FMS-specific software and Management Information System (MIS) applications, including but not limited to Air Force Security Assistance and Cooperation Directorate (AFLCMC/WF)-On-Line and DSAMS/SAMRS applications, to produce databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and other specialized products to facilitate the use of standardized automated forms, materials procurement, maintenance, and disposition reports, and other periodic or ad hoc reports.
- Assist with evaluating FMS customer program requirements via the LOR and developing case line structures within DSAMS.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining FMS-peculiar OIs, guides, and process models, including the development and maintenance of self-inspection/assessment processes, procedures, and checklists.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BA/BS degree, 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 years experience in the DoD – OR –
- 10 years of project assistance, administrative assistance, or similar experience in the public, military, non-profit, or private sectors – OR –
- 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 5 years experience in the DoD
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security clearance at the required level for the duration of the contract
- Knowledge of DSAMS and SAMRS required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Pursuant to mandatory requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, as a government contractor, COLSA employees are required to be fully-vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason for an accommodation not to be vaccinated.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits