Acquisition Scheduling SME
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
- Must be completely autonomous and well versed in Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQ) and AFLCMC scheduling processes, able to perform at an acquisition scheduling expert level and provide technical guidance and advice to the Government PM and PEO.
- Consult with the Government to define issues/tasks, and recommend solutions; will work with the technical team to derive scheduling tasks and requirements, brief the schedule to the Government PM/PEO, and follow up to close any action items.
- Advise and assist the Government in the development of weapon system program execution strategies to achieve capability outcomes as documented in the program acquisition strategy document and acquisition program baseline.
- Apply demonstrated practical experience to develop, analyze, and maintain an IMP/IMS.
- Apply in-depth experience in scheduling and project control best practices to assist the Government in the use and development of metrics, data collection and tracking tools, and schedule input to assess the health of the IPTs throughout the assigned program.
- Apply a working knowledge of EVM principles in order to evaluate and report program health and status.
- Arrange and support various program actions such as meeting attendance; meeting minutes; milestone planning, tracking, and scheduling; briefing preparation; staff coordination; risk management plan and strategy development and integration; and decision documentation preparation.
- Have working knowledge of and be able to use software schedule applications, including but not limited to Open Plan Professional (OPP) and/or Microsoft Project. If required by the assigned organization, the Contractor shall be required to become proficient in Deltek Open Plan Professional and Acumen Fuse.
- Provide schedule training to PMO and designees upon Government request.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Technical discipline, or related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years’ related experience
- Must demonstrate expert-level proficiency in scheduling tools including, but not limited to, Microsoft Project
- DoD Secret Security clearance required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Pursuant to mandatory requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, as a government contractor, COLSA employees are required to be fully-vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason for an accommodation not to be vaccinated.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits