Financial Analyst, Journeyman (WPAFB)
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
- Execute financial accounting and budget operations for customers including the development of procedures.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining Managers Internal Control Program (MICP) requirements and Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) to protect against waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Ensure accuracy, propriety, and legality of accounting transactions through extensive review of documents.
- Identify trends, discrepancies, and patterns in accounting data.
- Ensure that all transactions have been correctly processed and accepted by the system.
- Prepare financial reports related to the financial condition of accountable data.
- Execute United States Air Force accounts payable process and Long Line of Accounting (LOA).
- Apply the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR).
- Support contract reconciliation and contract closeout efforts.
- Develop effective implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensures that training needs are planned and implemented on a timely basis.
- Provide technical interpretation on DoD and DFAS regulatory and administrative guidelines in accordance with generally accepted accounting and finance principles.
- Conduct analysis to determine the effectiveness of operations, compliance with established policies and procedures, reliability of transactions and validity of supporting documentation.
- May serve as technical liaison between corporate departments, subcontractors, consultants and others in areas such as Foreign Military Sales (FMS), etc.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Engineering or Technical discipline, or related field or equivalent, MA/MS preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ related experience – OR –
- GED/HSD with 16 years of relevant experience
- A Secret security clearance is required to start in this position, and it must be maintained for the duration of the contract
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Pursuant to mandatory requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, as a government contractor, COLSA employees are required to be fully-vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason for an accommodation not to be vaccinated.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits