Electrical Engineer, Journeyman (WPAFB)
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
- Perform planning and design work for multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Prepare, develop or review design calculations, cost estimates, schedules, underlying analysis, technical drawings, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects, to include electrical distribution systems; interior electrical systems; cathodic protection; airfield, street, parking and facility lighting; Industrial Internet Control Systems (IICS) and other systems of major size and complexity for use on airfields, in multi-story office buildings, large utility plants, hospitals, hangars, flight simulators, and similar structures.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- ABET-accredited Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6-15 years’ functional area experience
- Professional registration/license (desired)
- Personnel shall have experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, BUILDER (desired), TRIRIGA (desired), E4Clicks or equivalent, and familiarity w/ RSMeans at a minimum
- A Secret security clearance is required to start in this position and must be maintained for the duration of the contract.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Pursuant to mandatory requirements issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, as a government contractor, COLSA employees are required to be fully-vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to any legally required accommodation. If you are hired, you will be required to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason for an accommodation not to be vaccinated.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits