Acquisition Manager, Junior
Location of Position
Level of Clearance Required
COLSA identified as the 4th Best Employer in Alabama by Forbes in 2021!
- Support the acquisition program management of full life cycle requirements, subsystems, and equipment; develop documents, such as, but not limited to, Memorandum of Agreements/Memorandum of Understandings (MOA/MOU), Statements of Objectives (SOO), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Mission Needs Statements (MNS), Operational Requirements Documents (ORD), Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD)/Capability Production Documents (CPD), and Analysis of Alternatives (AOA), and support the review of proposals as assigned by the customer.
- Assist in: the coordination of documentation between functional resources (to include: financial, management, procurement, engineering, and logistics); the consolidation of their inputs into common documents; and in planning for the accomplishment of various program milestones.
- Provide assistance in risk management, project management, process improvement support, and logistics support.
- Participate in process improvement activities as members of, or advisers to, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups (PIWGs).
- Assist in the collection of programmatic inputs from weapons systems program offices for defining, developing, and managing the acquisition and development/upgrades to the various Mobility Directorate aircraft configurations.
- Perform, as required, a non-voting advisory role for program source selections on all acquisition related requirements.
- Assist in determining program progress and effectively communicate recommendations, orally and in writing, to higher organizational management.
- Apply program knowledge for developing and coordinating responses to taskers in response to internal and external program inquiries.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum 4 years' experience OR
- Associate's degree and minimum 2 years' experience OR
- Bachelor's degree
- Assist more senior positions and/or perform functional duties under the oversight of more senior positions
- Knowledge and previous experience with USAF acquisitions and DoD 5000.2 Series
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Information on Benefits: https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits