Communications/Navigation Engineer, Senior
Level of Clearance Required
- Assist with technical requirements compliance pertaining to avionics development, test, sustainment, and operations pertaining to navigation, voice communication systems, Line of Sight (LOS) and Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) data link systems, military and civilian communication networks, network protocols, Information Protection Security (IPSec), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)/Extensible Markup Language (XML) packaging of network commands and air data systems to include performance, integrity, and airworthiness.
- Assist with evaluating technical documents, determining sufficiency for demonstrating compliance with specification and airworthiness, summarizing findings, recommending changes, and communicating all results to the program office.
- Apply an understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures to improve the performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- Have an understanding of applying MIL-HDBK-516C Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Understand and execute Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 62-6, USAF Airworthiness, associated AFIs and Airworthiness Bulletins through standardized processes and issuance of flight authorizations.
- Assist in translating user requirements into weapons system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate weapons systems, subsystems, and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BS in an ABET-accredited Engineering discipline, minimum 15 years’ functional experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ DoD experience
- Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in the technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks, and oversee the efforts of junior and journeyman personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in their area of expertise.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.