Acquisition Program Management Professional, Senior
Level of Clearance Required
This position provides the following support for the Armament Directorate, Air Dominance Division, AFLCMC/EBA, Eglin AFB, FL. The Air Dominance Division, AFLCMC/EBA, has responsibility for developing, producing, and sustaining Counter-Air and Counter-Air Defense systems for our nation's warfighters and foreign military customers. These products include the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM), the High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) Targeting System (HTS), the HARM Control Section Modification (HCSM), and Air Intercept Missile (AIM)-9X. The division is responsible for all Foreign Military Sale (FMS) cases of AMRAAM.
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as defined in DoDI 5000.02 and 5000.75, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the AF.
- Compile, manipulate, and model large amounts of cost data utilizing Microsoft Access Databases and Excel.
- Apply knowledge of and utilize qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
- Support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what programs are within schedule and cost baselines, and shall recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action.
- Collaborates with program manager and contracting officer on contract execution. Evaluates contractor proposal and monitor cost performance for the AMRAAM Program Production Divisions. Ensures proposal compliance with the acquisition laws and regulations.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, and shall provide quality acquisition and program documentation (e.g. briefings, documents, and plans).
- Plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans; and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance
- Support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (e.g. DAES and MAR).
- Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS
- Support implementation and execution of Agile software development processes in concert with Government and weapon system prime contractors and
- Plan, evaluate and implement program acquisition strategies to meet DoD 5000.2
- Develop program management documentation to support all phases of the acquisition life
- Develop briefings to support acquisition decision
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant degree field + 25 years relevant experience
- Master's degree in relevant degree field + 15 years relevant experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access Databases and Microsoft Office Excel
- Effective oral and written communications skills, good interpersonal communications skills and be comfortable working in a team environment
- Proficient in the use and integration of MS Office Word, Excel and Power point applications
- Active SECRET clearance is required.
- Previous program management experience in an AF weapon systems program office highly desired.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.