Executive Assistant – Transportation
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Transportation Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support by handling calls, visitors, and mail, maintaining personnel files and spreadsheets, managing calendars, scheduling conferences and training rooms, interacting with public officials, external agencies, executive management, and staff, processing payroll, and assisting with department specific programs and events.
- Responds to requests for information and assistance and resolves citizen concerns and complaints.
- Assists with budget preparation and administration by processing related accounts payable or receivable information, processing tuition reimbursement requests, and determining petty cash disbursements.
- Prepares a variety of reports related to departmental activities and conducts related research.
- Processes travel and training requests and assists with travel expense reconciliation.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Modern office procedures
- Customer service principles
- Basic accounting principles
- Basic budgeting principles
- Recordkeeping principles
- Grammar, punctuation, and spelling principles
- Office management principles
- Inventory maintenance principles
- Basic mathematical concepts
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License;
- Valid North Carolina Notary License.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, pushing/pulling, vision, balancing, bending, hearing, twisting, talking.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, or negligible amounts constantly AND/OR walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Incumbents may be subjected to noise and vibration, physical hazards.
- Operating computers and applicable software applications
- Preparing a variety of reports
- Prioritizing work and performing multiple tasks
- Providing customer service
- Maintaining various confidential records
- Working independently
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Operating modern office equipment
- Preparing business correspondences
- Conducting research
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
High school diploma or equivalency and at least six-months of advanced study, with at least one (1) year of experience; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.