Equipment Operator - Stormwater/Water/Wastewater
The purpose of this position is to operate and transport equipment to assist in construction projects, waste collection, right-of-way maintenance, and street cleaning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates equipment, including, but not limited to bobcat, dump truck, and hydro seeder.
- Performs daily routes to collect waste, maintain right-of-way or clean streets.
- Generates and completes assigned work orders and documents daily activities.
- Completes inspection and/or pre-operational checklist on equipment and requests or performs preventative maintenance and cleaning.
- Provides information to and assists customers.
- Performs other similar duties as required
Job Specifications and Qualifications
- Construction principles and practices
- Construction equipment and tools
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License
- NC Grade I Wastewater Collection Certification
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, kneeling, crawling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, talking.
- Heavy Work: Exerting 50-100 pounds occasionally, 25-50 pounds frequently, or from 10 up to 20 pounds constantly.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, noise and vibration, physical hazards.
- Reading and interpreting data
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications
- Applying customer service principles
- Operating equipment and tools
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
High school diploma or equivalency, with at least two (2) years of experience; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.