Part-Time Recreation Center Leader
The purpose of this position is to conduct a variety of specialized recreation programs and activities in the activity center or other sites around the city.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the operations of the activity center by answering phones, tracking participants, and completing required paperwork.
- Assists with the maintaining of cleanliness and order of the facility and equipment.
- Participates in facility set-up, monitoring participant groups, enforcing rules and regulations, and maintaining order and discipline.
- Performs other similar duties as required
Job Specifications and Qualifications
- Principles, rules, materials, and equipment requirements of various recreational activities
- Philosophy and objectives of public recreation, personal health, and hygiene
- First aid practices and techniques
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
Preferred Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Position requires: climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Position can be subjected to fumes, odors, dusts, chemicals, inside/outside environmental conditions, and noise.
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Basic mathematics;
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications;
- Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing problems and implementing solutions;
- Resolving disputes impartiality
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange, or conveys information to give routine instructions and/or to receive work direction.
High school diploma or equivalency; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.