Grounds Crew Supervisor
The purpose of this position is to maintain designated areas by leading a work crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and executes daily and weekly goals and projects set by the department and/or Manager
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping for grounds & facilities to ensure they are up to department standards
- Assists in staffing and responds appropriately to unusual weather events or conditions
- Monitors and provides accurate and fair performance evaluations to staff, logs and reports daily accomplishments, communicates with Manager on progress and areas of concern, presents action plan to resolve issues with grounds
- Provides customer service to customers as needed
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Operating hand and power tools
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Budgetary principles
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License. Failure to obtain within 6 months of hire may result in termination
- North Carolina Pesticide License
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, kneeling, crawling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, talking
- Heavy Work: Exerting 50 - 100 pounds occasionally, 25 -50 pounds frequently, or from 10 up to 20 pounds constantly
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, noise and vibration, physical hazards
- Supervisory principles
- Reading and interpreting data
- Managing construction and maintenance projects
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
- Prioritizing and assigning work
- Solving problems
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications
- Applying local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
High school diploma or equivalency, with at least one year of experience; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.