The purpose of this position is to handle all emergency, non-emergency police and fire calls, and after hour utility calls when the customer service staff is not available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatches police, fire, and after-hours utilities personnel for service while monitoring multiple radio channel and calls.
- Processes emergency and non-emergency calls designating proper response to each call and prioritizing the information, enters information into database accurately and quickly and fulfills the requests of emergency service departments.
- Maintains records, files, and logs; enters a variety of information into databases and/or spreadsheets; prepares related reports.
- Performs other similar duties as required
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Customer service principles
- Operating modern office equipment
Licensing and Certifications:
•Valid North Carolina Driver's License
•Ability to obtain DCI Certification. Failure to obtain within 120 days from hire date may result in termination.
•Ability to obtain Sheriff Standards Certification. Failure to obtain within 12 months from hire date may result in termination.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
• Positions in this class require: fine dexterity, sitting, handling, vision, hearing, twisting, talking.
•Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
- Providing customer service
- Remaining calm in stressful situations
- Operating a computer and related software applications
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
High school diploma or equivalency; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.