TEST DO NOT APPLY
The purpose of this position is to lead the City’s recruitment and hiring process, oversee various Human Resources systems, provide training on these systems, and support the Human Resources Department philosophy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the City’s recruitment and hiring process by providing instruction in methods and procedures to departments. This position coordinates and attends recruiting events to promote the City of Concord as a preferred employer, assists departments with placing advertisements, oversees vacancy postings, works closely with hiring managers to review hiring processes and prepare interview questions, reviews New Hire Personnel Action Notices (PAN), coordinates background checks and pre-employment drug testing, makes job offers, creates offer letters, and facilitates biweekly New Hire Orientation.
- Oversees and maintains the City’s performance management system (currently Halogen), including but not limited to, serving as point person and subject matter expert for the performance management system, entering all new hire data and employee changes (supervision, promotions, demotions, disciplinary, and other related changes), generating analytical reports from the system, and providing stellar customer service by answering questions regarding the system.
- Oversees and maintains the City’s applicant tracking and onboarding systems (currently OpenHire/RedCarpet by SilkRoad), including but not limited to, serving as point person and subject matter expert for the systems, creating new user accounts, reviewing job templates, reviewing and approving job requisitions, corresponding with candidates via the system, generating analytical reports from the system, and providing stellar customer service by answering questions regarding the system.
- Updates and conducts formal quarterly Human Resources systems training for City employees and management by developing training policies, analyzing training needs, developing curriculum, coordinating training schedules, formulating teaching outlines and determining instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, meetings, etc. Selecting or developing teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference documents. Evaluates the effectiveness of the training, and makes suggestions for improvement as needed.
- Project management of Human Resources system upgrades, enhancements, patches, and any related system activity.
- Promote continuous improvement in HR practices and procedures related to Human Resources systems and recruitment.
- Adhere to the HR Department’s Confidentiality Statement.
- Performs other duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Administrator level experience with computerized Performance Management Systems
- Administrator level experience with computerized Applicant Tracking Systems
- Administrator level experience with computerized Onboarding Systems
- Modern training principles and practices for adults
- Customer Service principles and practices
- Human Resources principles and practices
- Public Relations principles and practices
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
Preferred Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: fine dexterity, lifting, sitting, reaching, handling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, hearing, twisting, talking, long periods of computer use.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
- Ability to uphold and maintain confidentiality standards set by Human Resources department
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert to City departments on HR systems
- Ability to operate a computer for majority of work schedule
- Communicating effectively in oral and written form
- Operating a computer and related software applications
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Researching and assessing needs
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs
- Speaking in public
- Developing educational materials
- Preparing complex reports
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field, with at least three (3) years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.