Grounds Maintenance Worker
The purpose of this position is to perform grounds maintenance, landscaping, and other duties as required by the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs landscaping as set by the Ground Crew Supervisor.
- Performs general maintenance on grounds.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Provides customer service as directed such as setting up sites for events, moving large quantities of files, office furniture and hauling equipment.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Machinery and hand tools of the trade;
- Pesticide application;
- Ball field maintenance.
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License;
Preferred Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License;
- North Carolina Pesticide License.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, hearing, twisting, and talking.
- Heavy Work: Exerting 50 - 100 pounds occasionally, 25 -50 pounds frequently, or from 10 up to 20 pounds constantly.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, noise and vibrations, and physical hazards.
- Reading and interpreting data;
- Performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Operating machinery and hand tools;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
The ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.