Part Time Programmer
The purpose of this position is to provide effective programs for active older adults, youth and special recreation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs class participants. Communicates with participants concerning class lengths, training formats, and adapted modifications. Adapts programs to accommodate a variety of age predictable health concerns.
- Classroom preparation. Maintains the studio area by performing housekeeping duties. Responsible for classroom or facility set up as needed. Reports any damages to classroom or facility to supervisor.
- Emergency response. Responds quickly and effectively to emergency situations.
- Special event facilitator. Plans and executes trips using the Parks and Recreation vehicles. Serves as a City liaison at special recreation programs at non-City facilities. Assists with Parks & Recreation programs, festivals and events on an as-needed basis.
- Follow rules, policies and procedures established by the City of Concord and the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Activity planning principles and practices
- CPR/First aid practices and techniques
- Basic cleaning solutions and chemicals
- Event coordination principles and practices
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- First Aid Certification
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Preferred Licensing and Certifications:
- Program Specific Certification
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, talking.
- Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or from 10 up to 20 pounds constantly.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity.
- Providing customer service
- Teaching special interest classes
- Time management
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
High school diploma or equivalency and at least six-months of advanced study, with at least one year of experience; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.