Part Time Recreation Leader - Athletics
The purpose of this position is to assist athletic staff in the daily operations of all athletic programs and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service by assisting customers with inquiries, processing registrations and processing payments.
- Manages sites by ensuring site supervisors, referees, coaches and scorekeepers are adhering to the Concord Parks and Recreation policies and procedures, and assists with crowd management.
- Provides support as needed at athletic events and facilities (i.e. race events, Lake Fisher boat rentals, McInnis Pool, etc.)
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Principles, rules, materials, and equipment requirements of various recreational activities
- Philosophy and objectives of public recreation, personal health, and hygiene
- First aid practices and techniques
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Positions in this class require: talking, standing, walking, lifting, handling, pushing/pulling, vision, foot controls, fine dexterity, carrying, sitting, reaching, kneeling, climbing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, or negligible amounts constantly AND/OR walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperature, respiratory hazards, and physical hazards.
- Prioritizing and assigning work
- Basic mathematics
- Operating a computer and applicable software applications
- Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Analyzing problems and implementing solutions
- Resolving disputes impartiality
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange, or conveys information to give routine instructions and/or to receive work direction.
High school diploma or equivalency; with at least one (1) year experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.