Electric Tree Trimmer II
The purpose of this position is to perform utility vegetation management on electric utility right of ways. This is primarily accomplished by removing, trimming, mowing, and spraying vegetation from electric utility right of ways with the use of power equipment and hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with daily utility vegetation management.
- Organizes activities and resources by checking stock and daily items of trucks and assisting with pre-trip inspections and job briefings.
- Supervises crew during the absence of crew leader.
- Assists crew leader with tracking progress of completed work using GIS maps.
- Ensures and performs preventative maintenance on equipment and hand tools.
- Assist Crew leader in training crew on safety procedures.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Electric transmission and distribution systems principles and practices;
- How to operate bucket trucks, chipper, tractors, and skid steer;
- Test equipment and hand and power tools;
- Proper safety policies and procedures;
- Basic Landscaping.
Licensing and Certifications:
- Valid North Carolina Class B Driver’s License.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must meet the City criteria for an acceptable driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Position in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, kneeling, crawling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, balancing, bending, crouching, hearing, twisting, and talking.
- Very Heavy: Exerting over 100 pounds occasionally, 50 - 100 pounds frequently, or from 20 up to 50 pounds constantly.
- Incumbent may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and/or humidity, respiratory hazards, noise and vibration, and physical hazards.
- Providing work direction;
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Reading maps;
- Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing problems and implementing solutions;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
High school diploma or equivalency, with at least one year of experience; or the City may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.