Wyoming PBS Master Control Operator 3/4 time
**This position is open until filled, attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list "see attachment" in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 307-855-2112. **
Under the Direction of the Master Control Supervisor, the Master Control Operator is primarily responsible for assisting Wyoming PBS staff in master control as well as providing some assistance in production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor operations of the WyomingPBS Master Control center to ensure correct programming airs, correct programming is recorded, and transmission and transmitters are within legal limits.
- Provide Quality Control for the WyomingPBS broadcast signal and recordings.
- Record programs from a variety of sources and transfer programs to servers as needed.
- Work with WyomingPBS Production, when assigned, on a variety of production tasks.
- Maintains accurate records of broadcast, recordings, and technical operations.
- Work with the Traffic Department to ensure program logs are correct and to determine all required media elements are present. Transfer log files to Master Control computer system and review to correct timings as needed.
- Operate within the guidelines set forth in Wyoming PBS and the College’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
- High school graduate or possess a high school equivalency certificate.
- Two years of experience in a related field
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of radio or television broadcasting.
- General knowledge of broadcasting terminology and television programming.
- General knowledge of station and college policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs, preferably Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Skill in mathematics; accurate, efficient data entry and computer operations.
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions and under stressful situations.
- Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional, helpful manner.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both with the college, and community.
- Ability to learn and apply FCC rules and regulations.
Level of Supervision
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Master Control Supervisor.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Video tape machines, Satellite Receivers, Master Control switcher, computers and broadcast traffic software.
- Physical Requirements
- This position requires lifting boxes of videotape, not to exceed 25 pounds; and walking in small work spaces – in and around tape shelving units, tape vault, master control; being able to reach tapes, lift them from shelving and then aggregate with daily playback tapes stored on shelving units.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is performed primarily in the WyomingPBS Master Control Room. Abilility to work evenings and weekends required.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email cwchr@CWC.edu.