**This position is open until filled, attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list "see attachment" in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 307-855-2112. **
*This position's hours are 4:30 pm-1:00 am and receives a $2.00 an hour shift variance*
Performs a variety of routine full performance, and semi-skilled duties in performing a variety of custodial services as needed to provide safe, clean and comfortable working and learning environment for employees and students using the main campus. May work at night and on weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs custodial duties in assigned building, including routine cleaning of restrooms, classrooms, offices, housing units, and public areas, responding to emergency cleanup needs, removing trash, etc.; performs deep cleaning as scheduled or required; vacuums, washes and cleans walls, door frames, doors, and glass, empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Assists in performing routine maintenance and minor repairs of equipment and tools; assists campus safety by reporting security or safety concerns, having knowledge of fire alarm systems, ensuring facilities are secure, etc.
- Performs regular facilities routine; opens and un-secures buildings; initiates lighting systems and readies school for student access and use; monitors general condition of facilities and reports issues requiring special work orders.
- Monitors custodial supplies and inventory; restocks supplies and assures proper inventory of materials and equipment such as chemicals, cleaning supplies, light bulbs etc.
- Conducts routine and regular inspections; monitors work activities to assure compliance with safety and other work activity standards; monitors facility heating and cooling systems; may monitor boiler fluid levels; may fine-tune temperature settings and change filters.
- Buffs, dusts, waxes, washes, and polishes floors removing scuff marks, heavy dirt, scratches etc.; vacuums rugs; washes and cleans walls, door frames, doors, and glass; empties and cleans waste receptacles; disinfects gym change rooms; cleans and sanitizes rest room sinks and bowls; washes windows;
- Sets up and prepares various meeting areas for events and activities, games, etc.; performs related tasks as needed to maintain clean and attractive facilities.
- Performs seasonal facility maintenance tasks such as floor stripping and refinishing, shampoos carpet, performs auto scrubbing, etc.
- Performs general facility security tasks; assures that rooms, offices, and various facility areas are locked and secure; provides access to various public interest groups which have scheduled use of facilities, rooms, and equipment; assures lighting is turned off in classes and gyms after use.
- Operate within the framework established by CWC’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent.
- Two years of directly related experience performing above or related duties.
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proper custodial practices, including use of equipment and chemicals
- Cleaning methods and materials
- Types of cleaning and maintenance equipment
- Power generators, fire alarms systems
- Emergency safety shutdown procedures
- Some knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Equipment maintenance and repair
- The use of floor buffers, vacuums, brooms, sprayers, mops, scrubbing machine, steam cleaning machine, ladders, carpet extractor, floor stripper, and other tools common to custodial operations.
- Learn and follow college policies and procedures.
- Lift heavy objects and perform heavy manual labor.
- Perform manual cleaning and related labor and to work continuous hours while standing.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work independently and interact with others in an appropriate, helpful manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and supervisors.
Level of Supervision
This position operates under the direct supervision of Campus Services Foreman.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Work requires use of a variety of cleaning tools including but not limited to floor buffers, vacuums, brooms, sprayers, mops, scrubbing machines, steam cleaning machines, ladders, carpet extractors, floor strippers, and other tools common to custodial operations
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, such as lifting, walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Hearing and seeing required in performance of essential functions. Common eye, hand, finger, leg and foot dexterity required. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability and discriminating thinking. May be required to lift if excess of 50 pounds in normal course of job performance.
- Environmental Conditions
- Incumbent of the position generally performs in a physically demanding environment. Work is performed in the office with substantial work outside of the office and requires frequent & extensive travel. Evening and/or weekend work is required. Travel, weekend and evening work will be required. Variable hours to accommodate communicating across time zone will be required.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email cwchr@CWC.edu.