Wyoming PBS Traffic Assistant
This is an unbenefited position that is 12 months, .5 FTE (20 hours per week).
**This position is open until filled, please attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list "see attachment" in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 307-855-2112. **
Under the direction of the Traffic & On Air Promotions Manager, the Traffic Assistant is
responsible for assisting in the Traffic/On Air Promotions operations of the station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work in the Traffic department assisting in the preparation of daily logs and record
2. Provide support to the Traffic Manager to ensure that on-air announcements and
quarterly reports required by the Federal Communications Commission are scheduled and
filed as required.
3. Assist with Nielsen reports as required and monitor appropriate PBS and ProTrack
4. Work with the Traffic Manager to maintain an accurate and up-to-date media library.
5. Help identify which shows to promote weekly on both the HD and Create channels and
assist in locating the show promos needed for the week on different websites.
6. Assist in adding date and times to weekly and long lead promos as well as adding
graphics to various image and children’s spots as they become available.
7. Aid in creating high-quality DVD’s of our local shows as well as using photos and
descriptions provided by producers to create digital artwork for DVD discs and cases as
8. Occasionally may need to work remotely if immediate problems or scheduling changes
9. Operate within the guidelines set forth in the College’s policies, procedures, and
- High school graduate or possess a high school equivalency certificate.
- Two years of related experience. Broadcasting experience at a television or radio station is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case
Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (ex. Word and Excel) and
Data entry experience or previous work with database programs.
A home broadband connection strong enough to support running ProTrack if the need
for remote work arises.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability and willingness to learn how to operate programs needed for all aspects of the position.
2. General knowledge of broadcasting terminology.
3. General knowledge of the station and college policies and procedures.
4. Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions and under stressful situations.
5. Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects concurrently with attention to
6. Ability to meet deadlines set forth by the Traffic Manager.
7. Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional and helpful manner.
8. Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both with the
college and the community.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a tactful and diplomatic
Level of Supervision
Work is performed under the supervision of the Traffic & On Air Promotions Manager.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally
- Work is performed on a computer, using a variety of software programs (ProTrack being the main program for the traffic area. Others include Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite programs).
- This position requires lifting boxes of videotape, not to exceed 25 pounds; and walking in small work spaces – in and around tape shelving units.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting with the possibility of having to work from home.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email cwchr@CWC.edu.