Line Cook, Part-time
CWC is hiring a Line Cook. This position is part-time up to 19 hours per week.
For full consideration, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter. The scheduled start date is August 9.
Resume and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list "see attachment" in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email email@example.com or call 307-855-2112. **
The Line Cook performs meal and food preparation and catering in support of the daily operation of the food court and special college events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the primary food court chef, ensuring the smooth operation of the college food court on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare and cook food items, observes the serving line and replenishes food items as necessary to keep lines moving smoothly.
- Prepare food items and supplies in advance for usage in daily meal planning and upcoming events and assists with supply ordering and advanced planning.
- Work at food court cash register, particularly during peak times, handling cash and following college cash handling procedures.
- Clean and stocks food preparation and storage areas in accordance with OSHA guidelines and regulations, and meets proper food handling protocols and college procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required and assigned.
- Operate within the framework established by CWC’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible and proven food service experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Wyoming driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s insurance carrier. Possess and maintain a Wyoming State Food Handlers permit, or ability to obtain within six months of employment. Possess and maintain Serv Safe certification, or ability to obtain certification within six months of employment.
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Our non-discrimination statement and link to the procedure is located here.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email cwchr@CWC.edu.