We are currently seeking an Assistant Editor to add to our in-house editorial team!
Summary of the Job:
Carmichael Lynch believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth. While not everything may fit within your job description, it is all our responsibility to maintain Carmichael Lynch’s high standards of excellence in everything we do. We value diversity in background and perspective, collaboration, and constructive dialogue in service of the work.
The Assistant Editor will join our internal production team, which encompasses both editorial and production studios. This position is responsible for editing client, internal, and new business digital videos. In addition, this role supports business improvement by meeting personal and departmental goals and objectives timely and effectively.
Day-to-day responsibilities for this role include:
- Editing, managing, and tracking media
- Assisting Operations Lead as needed
- Assisting Editors and Senior Editors as needed
- Leading response to requests for:
- Dub deliveries
- Music searches
- Stock footage searches
- Organizing video libraries, including archiving, logging, and tagging footage
- Acting as lead on certain editorial deliverables based on skill level
Working Relationships, Autonomy and Supervision:
- The Assistant Editor must interact regularly and collaborate effectively with all personnel of the agency but specifically and regularly with the following teams: Production, Creative, Project Management, Account Management, Planning and New Business.
- Work direction is from the Executive Producer, CL Labs.
Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. Other duties as assigned.
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 19 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Adobe Premiere
- Full Adobe Suite – specifically AfterEffects
- MS Word, Excel, and Database software
- An understanding of video compression techniques and terminology
- 2-4+ years of editorial and/or production experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Solid understanding of production phases and their respective processes
- Ability to manage personal workload well with strong time management skills
- Organization and a strong attention to detail and process
- Excellent follow-through with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to accountability
- Collaboration with a willingness to take creative challenges and risks
- Creative problem-solving
- Strong oral communication skills including ability to manage up and give clear points of view in a group setting
- Flexibility and curiosity
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
- Action-oriented, self-starter.
- We value our agency culture and are looking for team members who value the same and will help evolve that culture!