Group Media Director-New Business
We are starting our search for a Group Media Director-New Business to join our team and agency.
This role leads and oversees day to day new business development for the Media department. This role works in front and behind the camera, able to share the CL Media story built on a foundation of strong media experience. The Group Media Director – New Business is also responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with search consultants, potential client leads, and (most importantly) internal new business teams. With that combination of media experience and market knowledge, this person will be able to quickly assess opportunities for both CL Media and CL overall.
This person understands how media works, where the industry is trending, and how to translate complicated topics into simpler terms. They ‘speak media’ and know how to connect the dots between strategy and creativity. This role will work hand-in-hand with Media leadership on the development of new business presentations, creation of case studies and award entries, and merchandising our success. This role is a key facilitator of cross-functional collaboration within the agency, able to share our CL story with any audience at any time.
In addition, this role is responsible to support business improvement by meeting personal and departmental goals and objectives timely and effectively.
Areas of Focus:
- Day-to-day responsibilities of the Group Media Director – New Business include but are not limited to:
- Dynamic Business Leader
- Elevate RFI response development, ensuring high quality and seamless process
- Merchandise CL’s market position and unique story, through industry outreach
- Drive the development of pitch materials, collaborating across disciplines and coordinating across media subject matter experts
- Lead initial new business conversations, give first pass at case studies, outlines
- Collaborates with broader CL New Business team
- Collaborates with CL Agency External Marketing team
- Effectively leverages IPG/MAGNA relationships and tools to better CL and clients
- Create media innovation opportunities, with new partnerships and advanced targeting
- Media Visionary
- Champions innovation and change in evolving new business strategy and process
- Proactively seeks to redefine status quo with media partners and consultants
- Creates expectation of innovation and collaboration across internal teams
- Proactively measures activity to continually improve results
- Team Leader
- Effectively manages internal and external relationships
- Effectively manages the team to ensure work is high quality and on time
- Leverages working relationships with industry partners toward new business leads
- Maintains a professional, can-do attitude at all times
- Instills and recognizes initiative among teammates
- Provides professional and discipline mentorship to grow career of reports
- Maintains effective communication-- effectively managing up, across, and down
- Contributes to a positive departmental and agency culture
Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Working Relationships, Autonomy, and Supervision:
The Group Media Director – New Business interacts regularly, and collaborates effectively with everyone in the agency.
The Group Media Director participates in the resolution of external client issues.
Work direction is from: Director of Media – primary. Executive Media Director – secondary.
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 19 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- After-hours, weekend work and overnight travel may be required.
- Right now, we are still working remotely. However, if you are not located in Minneapolis, there may be a future need for semi-regular travel to Minneapolis for training, team meetings and other cities for presentations, etc.
- Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of media experience
- New business experience strongly preferred.
- Experience fostering client and business relationships.
- Digital experience preferred.
- Experience managing multiple clients, multiple departmental teams.
- Exposure to all media channels, both nationally and locally.
- Exposure to and experience with business analytics.
- Strong experience delivering programs from hypothetical to flawless real world execution.
- Competencies (characteristics and work style):
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Superior communication skills;
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills;
- Passionate and professional;
- Authentic team player;
- Self-starter who takes a task and runs with it;
- Ability to contribute unique and original thinking and solutions;
- Flexes across all skillsets, no project too big or small;
- Ability to manage and prioritize personal workload effectively;
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to accountability;
- Strength in dealing with change;
- Conveys integrity and trust.