Regional Account Director (Dallas)
We are seeking a Regional Account Director to join our Subaru Team. This role is located in our Dallas Metro Region and candidates will need to either live in or be willing to relocate to same.
The primary purpose of this role is to support and implement Subaru of America (SOA) marketing goals and objectives with Subaru Retailer clients by providing expert level advertising, marketing, local market analysis and recommendations via in-person (primary) and video (secondary) consultations. The role is also responsible for supporting and implementing SOA marketing goals and objectives with Subaru Region and Zone clients.
Areas of Focus:
- Act as Retailer consultatants, focused on ensuring Retailer co-op (Subaru Ad Fund--SAF) use is aligned with SOA and Carmichael Lynch (CL) recommendations.
- Assess and guide Retailer branding/messaging to align with SOA brand goals.
- Assess and provide Retailers with analysis, recommendations in development, implementation of comprehensive communications plan (online, offline, in-store), efficient use of SAF dollars (media mix, media channels, market opportunities).
- Collaborate with Zone Retailer Marketing Managers (ZRMM) in scheduling Retailer meetings primarily in-person/store, with video (Microsoft Teams, Zoom) secondary or follow up as appropriate.
- Identify Target Retailers in collaboration with Region/Zone clients.
- Effective, consistent, and transparent communications with all internal and external partners.
- Timely reporting on Retailer progress and meeting follow up.
- Efficiently plan all travel, with consideration of budgets and expenses.
- Support and implement SOA marketing goals and objectives with Subaru Zones and Regions:
- Develop and implement Region, Zone online, offline media strategies leveraging Next Level, Soft Ad Group (SAG), Regional Discretionary Fund (RDF) budgets to generate Subaru brand awareness, consideration, and demand.
- Deliver strategic Agency POV presentations and information to Region, Zone, Retailers and their agencies as business needs arise (i.e. consumer sentiment, media trends, audience targets, market trends, Subaru Brand)
- Provide actionable Region, Zone, District market intelligence and analysis.
- Conduct onboarding/orientation meetings with new Subaru field personnel providing complete overview of CL capabilities and role with SOA.
- Provide ongoing effective and transparent communication to Region, Zone, SOA regarding CL Field actions and activity.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Follow-up/Meeting Recaps (Contact Reports), i.e. tracking recommendations
- Build and Grow Client Relationships
- Note: These are major functions and accountabilities required of the position. Other duties, responsibilities, requirements outlined in CL Field Marketing Team: Processes, Procedures, Reporting document and as assigned.
- Build trust, credibility with Region, Zone, Retailer clients with goal of becoming a sought-after marketing consultant/partner.
- Relationship goal of ability to travel independently into dealerships.
- Provide leadership advancing knowledge of Region, Zone, Retailer clients.
- Responsible for two SOA Zones. (if Region assignment is included responsibility also includes specified Region). Equal support is required for Zones, 50/50 split of time allotment is required.
- Travel requirement is gauged in 50% to 70% range. Minimum expectation of 12 in-store Retailer consultations per month, approximately 144 per calendar year. Collaboration with Region/Zone clients to plan cost, time efficient travel.
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- CL offers competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 20 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Energetic, passionate, proactive, ability to lead, collaborative, relationship builder
- Analytical, multi-tasker, prioritize attention to detail, works well independently
- Excellent, confident and persuasive presentation skills, verbal communication skills, and ability to interact with high level business clients.
- Understand automotive business (strategy, trends), analyze, interpret automotive industry data (i.e. Experian, IHS Markit, registration, conquest/defection).
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, build business case.
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau. Eagerness to learn, explore new and existing platforms, tools to evolve existing skill set for Agency, client.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 7+ years advertising/marketing experience.
- Experience in automotive, automotive retail advertising/marketing preferred.