Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst (Entry-Level)
We are seeking an entry level Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst.
Summary of the Job:
The Marketing Analytics team is responsible for crafting data-driven insights to drive business and marketing decisions. We collaborate with departments across the agency to support our partners and clients with synthesized intelligence at every stage of marketing planning, execution, and review.
In this role, the Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst supports the internal and external teams by helping to translate behavioral data into business insights for our clients. You will work with a variety of data sources where you will hone your skills in connecting the dots between data and business situations to drive marketing insights and recommendations for our clients. Your focus will be understanding the business questions, applying rigorous decision statements with your partners, analyzing the results and then communication them back to key business partners.
In addition, the position will also work with the site team, data solution team, and the brand planning team to translate client needs into actionable results and insights. You will learn data visualization skills to develop dashboards that communicate complex data sets into easily digestible dashboards.
Essential Functions of the Job
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Translate cross-channel analysis, reporting & observations into business insights and actionable recommendations
- Perform deep analysis on clients’ websites to discover the right digital experience for their key audiences
- Act as a subject matter expert for site/app strategies that will improve future results
- Support monthly client reporting needs
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Education or experience in analytics, business planning, or similar
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in analyzing data from multiple sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to ask questions to gain understanding, partner with others, and deal with differing points of view
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a variety of stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, commitment to continuous improvement, and focus on excellence in work product delivery
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Ability to approach work with high energy and a results-oriented mindset
Working Relationships, Autonomy, and Supervision:
The Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst must interact and collaborate regularly with all employees and teams of the Agency. This position will report to the Analytics Supervisor.
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 19 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Required competencies (characteristics and work style)
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience in related field such as Business Analysis, Statistics, Marketing Analytics, Advertising, Applied Economics, etc.
- Skills and Experience:
- 0-2 years in marketing analytics group or similar department
- Knowledge/experience with site measurement and analysis tools (aka Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, Excel)
- Strong business writing skills
- Proven passion, drive and active knowledge for emerging media and analytics tools
- Competencies (characteristics and work style)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think and express ideas both strategically and tactically
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to accountability
- Adaptable to change
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to manage up well
- Well-organized with excellent follow through; an ability to work well under pressure, effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, and consistently meet deadlines