Data Engineering Analyst (Entry level)
We are seeking to add 2 entry-level Data Engineering Analysts to our Analytics team!
Summary of the Job:
The Data Engineering Analyst is responsible for finding, extracting, and loading data relevant to decisions that need to be made by business owners. In addition, the position is also responsible for collaboration with other key analytics positions in order to provide an end-to-end view of measurement and performance for the client.
Essential Functions/Principal Accountabilities of the Job:
- Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL). A basic skill that analysts possess is the ability to extract, transfer, and load data into other environments. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Extracting data from public sources
- Extracting data from client sources
- Extracting data from automated sources
- Moving the data from one location into another environment
- Manipulating data into new formats to be loaded into environments
- Loading data into visualization or analysis environments.
- Data Quality Assurance (QA): Once the information is loaded into environments, it is important to ensure the integrity of the data prior to performing analysis. This process is known as Quality Assurance checks.
- Checking for accuracy of data to be loaded and double-checking post-load
- Managing/Building Reports for use as stand-alone or within dashboard applications:
- Working with analytics/social/account departments to manage/build reports that answer specific and ongoing business questions as well as optimize marketing efforts.
Areas of Focus:
- Day to day responsibilities include:
- Leverage diverse types of data sources
- Build and manage complex data sets
- Data validation
- Works closely with analytics team to monitor data collection processes and regular reporting
- Assist with the development of an automated business intelligence reporting solution for marketing
- Support analytics department to understand key performance indicators
- Strong interest in driving for results and problems solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks as once
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 12-week maternity leave, 6-week parental leave, 20 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- A bachelor’s degree in a closely related field (such as Statistics, Marketing/Business Analytics, Applied Economics, etc.)
- Skills and Experience:
- 0-2 years in business/marketing analytics
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, or equivalent
- Proven passion, drive and active knowledge for emerging media and analytics tools
- Competencies (characteristics and work style)
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to think and express ideas both strategically and tactically
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to accountability
- Adaptable to change
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to manage up well
- Well-organized, with excellent follow through, an ability to work well under pressure, to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an ability to consistently meet deadlines